Question

Honor Student
hollyglightly12
Message 1 of 18 (46,977 Views)
Accepted Solution

Accidentally deleted internal microphone - I hit 'disable' and now it's gone. How can I find it?

I wanted to just mute or check off the microphone on my laptop (the one that comes automatically installed on the laptop), only "Disable" made it completely go away. I don't even know what microphone it was. How can I get it back? Anything I can just download online?

HP dv2419us is the model. 

Thank you!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 18 (46,972 Views)

Re: Accidentally deleted internal microphone - I hit 'disable' and now it's gone. How can I find it?

Hi,

To enable mic
  1. Open Audio Devices and Sound Themes by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.

2. Click the Playback tab, click Speakers, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Levels tab, and then, under Mic, click the Mute button Picture of the Mute button to enable sound for it.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
hollyglightly12
Message 3 of 18 (46,942 Views)

Re: Accidentally deleted internal microphone - I hit 'disable' and now it's gone. How can I find it?

Thanks for this Daniel. Unfortunately, there is no 'microphone' listed there. That's precisely the problem. It seems that in hitting 'disable' it deleted the mic entirely from my laptop. I have NO CLUE how in the world this happened. What I'm hoping to find out is if someone can tell me what the default mic is on this laptop so that I can do something to re-install, if that's possible. But I have no idea how to get that information short of calling tech support & paying for it. I thought I'd try this message board first.
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 18 (46,925 Views)

Try to reinstall Your audio driver.

Conexant High-Definition Audio here

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Top Student
xinort
Message 5 of 18 (46,467 Views)

Goto the Recording Devices where you diabled the Mic

right click and select "Show Disabled Devices"

Student
RCB90028
Message 6 of 18 (46,395 Views)

Thanks!  That worked!

Student
trisha825
Message 7 of 18 (44,560 Views)

i have the same problem. and there is no option to click to view disabled devices.

Honor Student
CatBurglerV8
Message 8 of 18 (44,405 Views)

The answere going to control panel > Sound > to Recording devices and clicking Properties and then Show Disabled Devices is the right one I just did the same thing and reinstalled my driver from HP.

Thanks for a concise good remedy

CatBurglerV8

Thank You Very Much
Very Sincerely
CatBurglerV8
Honor Student
Norfolkgal1965
Message 9 of 18 (43,922 Views)

I did the same thing as yoiu and I am having the same problem as you.  How did you fix you issue?

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 10 of 18 (43,915 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Norfolkgal1965 

Hi,

Check the link below:

How to enable Microphone when it is disabled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation