Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP g7-1310 laptop that has srs Premium Sound w/ ALTEC Lansing. You would think that with all that fanfare there would be some way to equalize the sound. The only adjustment I've been able to find in the sound control/mixer is volume control. I need to boost treble and cut down bass due to hearing loss. Is there a way to add an equalizer to use in Windows 7?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

BEFORE YOU MESS WITH EQUALIZER UNCHECK THE STUPID "BASS MANAGEMENT" OPTION.  I ALMOST BOUGHT AN UNNEEDED SOUND CARD BEFORE I FOUND IT.  ALSO THE LAST OPTION IN THE LIST THAT LETS YOU DEFINE HOW FAR EACH SPEAKER IS FROM YOUR EARS IS A MUST HAVE EVEN THOUGH IT TAKES SOME TIME TO SET UP.

P.S. Actually after rereading your post - "Bass management" may be just what you are looking for.

HP Recommended
I can do that on my desktop, but because it's a notebook I don't have the speaker option. Just laptop and headphones with no adjustment other than volume and balance.
HP Recommended

I only own a desktop so I hope someone with laptop comes up with answer

HP Recommended

Hi, ive just purchased a hp iooo-1433tu 14 nb, laptop, are you able to tell me how to alter the base and treble please

HP Recommended

I have my ancient Creative X-fi surround 5.1 and it gives great adjustment options, but without that my HP dv7TQuad laptop has no equalizer available in Windows since I updated it to Win 10 and HP dropped the ball on Beats Audio.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.