08-16-2009 10:17 PM
Please I need help. I just formatted Compaq Presario CQ60-305EA and installed windows XP sp-2 and i downloaded all other drivers but no sound. in device manager there is Yellow question mark on: (1) Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus and (2) Modem Device on High definition Audio Buspls help me out. or if you can help me download sp39902.exe and send it to my mail box so that I can try it. Thanks.
08-21-2009 08:19 PM
MS-UAA for SP2 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here
MS-UAA for SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here
Download audio driver from here.
Intructions how to install it in XP.
- Extract this driver with Winrar.
- Open Device manager and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Right click on Either the High Definition Audio Device if you have the generic Microsoft drivers, or the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 if you have older Conexant drivers and choose "Update Driver Software..."
- Click Browse my computer for driver software, then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- Click "Have Disk..." then Browse to the folder where the drivers were extracted .......\XP32 for 32-bit XP. Click OK.
- Select one of the "Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221"
- Click Next, and you're done.
08-21-2009 08:20 PM
06-24-2010 02:19 PM
I have similar problem on Hp Pavilion dv 2000 after my downgrade. I tried the solution you gave, however, at the end the audio device on high definition audio bus still have the yellow mark on it and the system have no audio still. In fact I downloaded several versions of the same driver listed.
Please do you have any other solution for me?