Question

Honor Student
ajJoshua
Message 1 of 8 (91,566 Views)

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Please I need help. I just formatted Compaq Presario CQ60-305EA and installed windows XP sp-2 and i downloaded all other drivers but no sound. in device manager there is Yellow question mark on: (1) Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus and (2) Modem Device on High definition Audio Buspls help me out. or if you can help me download sp39902.exe and send it to my mail box so that I can try it. Thanks.

Joshua

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 8 (91,391 Views)

Re: Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Hi,

MS-UAA for SP2 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here

MS-UAA for SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here

Download audio driver from here.

Intructions how to install it in XP.

1. Extract this driver with Winrar.
  2. Open Device manager and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
  3. Right click on Either the High Definition Audio Device if you have the generic Microsoft drivers, or the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 if you have older Conexant drivers and choose "Update Driver Software..."
  4. Click Browse my computer for driver software, then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
  5. Click "Have Disk..." then Browse to the folder where the drivers were extracted  .......\XP32 for 32-bit XP. Click OK.
  6. Select one of the "Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221"
  7. Click Next, and you're done.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 8 (91,390 Views)

Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
casigbo10
Message 4 of 8 (86,360 Views)

I have similar problem on Hp Pavilion dv 2000 after my downgrade. I tried the solution you gave, however, at the end the audio device on high definition audio bus still have the yellow mark on it and the system have no audio still. In fact I downloaded several versions of the same driver listed.

Please do you have any other solution for me?

Thanks

Casmir

Honor Student
fahathanasim
Message 5 of 8 (60,625 Views)

jkj

Honor Student
fahathanasim
Message 6 of 8 (60,625 Views)

ghg

z7 Student
Student
z7
Message 7 of 8 (53,191 Views)

hello mr. Re can u solve may problem can u give me a link for Audio Device on High Definitio Audio Bus for M5A-78L-M-LX i wish u can help me 

tnx....

Student
dieferdinan
Message 8 of 8 (44,027 Views)

Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation