Question

Honor Student
walterguzman
Message 1 of 7 (573 Views)

Audio driver HP Pavilion dv6 is not working, help!!

Hi HP Support Forums.

I'm writting from Perú.

I have a  hp dv6-6b03es laptop with beats audio and the original software was Windows 7  Home Ultimate 64 bits.  However, I just formatted my laptop with Windows 7 Professional 32 bits. Now i have audio problems, Every time I turn my laptop audio is not heard and I have to reinstall the audio again. Every day! and some time never works 

In the webiste support i can't find my operating system(Windows 7 - 32 bits)

Please help me

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (568 Views)

Re: Audio driver HP Pavilion dv6 is not working, help!!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the following IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55094.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When done, download and reinstall the Chipset driver below.

Chipset Driver - Windows 7.

When complete, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Let Windows fully load - it will automatically load an audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
walterguzman
Message 3 of 7 (514 Views)

These days I tried again and again your steps but the problem persists. Any other solution?

Top Student
sumijagan
Message 4 of 7 (478 Views)

hello

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 5 of 7 (442 Views)

Hello. If you still require assistance with an issue, please provide the following information:

The current issue you are experiencing.

Model number of the computer. You can refer to this document to find out this information: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=bph07555

Operating system of the computer. You can refer to this website to locate the information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system

Please respond as soon as possible so I can assist you.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
walterguzman
Message 6 of 7 (408 Views)

Please.. help me! i have the same problem during 3 months ago.

I have problems with synapthics Touchpad, Beats Sound, somethimes keyword doesnt word. I think the problem is caused by my 32-bit operating system is not supported.

I have Windows Professional 32 bits.

HP Pavilion dv6-6b03es Entertainment Notebook with Beats Audio   Please can you  send me the correct drivers.

Thanks.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 7 of 7 (358 Views)

Hello walterguzman. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your touchpad and sound, on your computer. Unfortunately, there are no Windows 7 32-bit drivers, provided by HP, as inficated here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=5193222

All I could suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling the 64-bit drivers and determine if it resolved the issue or not. Please respond if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation