Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is my first time posting here, so please be gentle, folks... :Wink:

Anyway, the problem started when I re-installed a Windows 7 OS (32-bit, I believe) on my HP Pavilion dv6700 with Product Number KN947UA#ABA this Monday. I was able to download all the usual stuff--Windows Cleaner, VLC Player, etc.--but when it came to installing an audio driver, the unit just won't accept the installation of the program I downloaded.

As I recall, I didn't have this problem when I first started installing Windows 7 on my Notebook; I was able to download and install a RealTek program--I didn't know what version it was, but it just ran without a hitch on the Notebook.

I know I'm not the only one who has this problem here; please believe me when I say that I've tried some two or three links here already that are supposed to install the necessary audio driver for a Windows 7-enabled HP Pavilion dv6700 but, to my chagrin, none of the programs just won't get recognized by my unit. I'm not even planning write a post here, but it seemed like I have no choice on the matter anymore--I badly need help. 

I would be very appreciative for any kind of suggestion you guys can throw my way. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK...you do indeed have a Realtek HD audio chip in your notebook.

Accept the agreement and download the first  driver listed.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID for the multimedia audio controller you are having difficulty with.

If you don't know how to do that, please look at the guide at the link below. You click on your problem device in the device manager and follow the guidance.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks Sir.

I'm following the instructions from the link you sent me. I'll be updating you if it all works out. Really appreciate the reply, sir.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I want to see the hardware ID so I can find the right drivers for you to try out.

Paul

HP Recommended

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_103C30CC&REV_1000

Here it is above. I also tried out the DriverFinder; it basically confirmed which of my drivers needed to be updated, although I'm prioritizing the audio driver for now. Thanks.

HP Recommended

OK...you do indeed have a Realtek HD audio chip in your notebook.

Accept the agreement and download the first  driver listed.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

HP Recommended
I've been searching for audio drivers all this time BUT never did it enter my mind to go to RealTek's website! Yeah, the link worked like a charm; I finally got to hear the sound of my own voice reverberating back to my tinny speaker. Thanks for the heads-up sir; never would have I done it without your help. I guess I'll be frequently logging in to this site, since it looks like you've got an awesome community going on here... 🙂 Thanks again!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

I was glad to assist you, and do come back and visit us!

There is lots of great info here, and I have learned a lot in the past two years I have been a member.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Please help!

My internal microphone is working but sounds like I am far away with background noise.  I am running windows 7

HP pavillion dv6700

model dv6933cl

from control panel: Sound:recording the microphone selected is Realtek definition audio.

When I lightly tap the top of the screen it is very responsive to the test with 4 bars with a light tap on the top of the screen and full bars with a fingernail flick.

from start menu:sound recordings the test sounds far away with some "snow or static sound".  When I clap you can hear it but not loud with full volume.

from contorl panel:realtek HD audio manager I adjusted the volume, microphone boost and the enhancement setting.

I also selected studio quality. While the sound is now audible there is a ton of snow sound.

Any ideas on how to make my mic usable for skype etc??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.