Audio not working DV2000 (2852 Views)
Student
geoffrobbo
Message 1 of 2 (2,852 Views)

Audio not working DV2000

My DV2000 is running Vista Ultimate. My sound keeps disappearing, now it has disappeared permanently. Now on the speaker icon it shows no audio output device installed. The internal mike and speakers don't work and external plugged into the ports do not work either. I have reinstalled all the drivers I can find but still show no devices installed. Any ideas.

All this started when I got fed up with Vista (pre-installed home edition) and tried to go back to XP, but that did not work so then installed vista ultimate. If microsoft had made Vista as a workable OS then I would have been ok. But Vista as we all know is the biggest heap of rubbish on the planet.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 2 (2,823 Views)

Re: Audio not working DV2000

Hi,

Audio for Vista here

Audio for XP:

MS-UAA for SP2 (required with a reboot before Audio and Modem) here

MS-UAA for SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio and Modem) here

Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 here

Unzip to a folder..use Device Manager,right click "Audio Device on HD",choose Update driver,
No to connect,
Install from a list or specific location,
Select Don't Search, I will choose the driver to install,
For the Hardware Type select 'Show All Devices'
Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk".
Next...browse to the unzipped folder and choose the "WiSVHe5.inf".
Ignore XP when it complains.
Reboot.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation