Question

Honor Student
joana
Message 1 of 9 (12,287 Views)

Audio not working HP pavilion dv2000

hi everyone

i have a hp pavilion dv2000 and i recently installed all the drivers again , but my speakers dont work . they're built in .. i've tried all the drivers in here.

Help please.

Thank you

Honor Student
Sassou2009
Message 2 of 9 (12,224 Views)

Re: Audio not working HP pavilion dv2000

Hi,

Same Issue with my new DV4-1220US there is no sound on my Built-in Speakers :smileysad:

But when i connect my headphone i can listen to music so it's related to buit-in speakers

HP please Help us !

the seller said that all ok before it ships :smileysad:

Ilyes.

Student
pero
Message 3 of 9 (12,112 Views)

I have the same problem on 6735s. Integrated speakers don't work but headphones work fine. OS is ubuntu 9.04. Anybody knows how to solve it?
Top Student
JiggenTech
Message 4 of 9 (12,091 Views)

Hi Dude, you said you tried all the drivers...? Try Do the Recovery if the problem persist... Meaning it is the MB.
Intern
Tomek_
Message 5 of 9 (12,079 Views)

try to install other driver for main board, chipset

if it will not help, and if u use recovery, send it to hp - if warranty is not out of time

maby there is some hardware issue, something disconnect inside during shipping ? 

unfortunetly there is many failure laptops from HP, my combo cd have record issues (hardware)

my keyboard is broken from beginning

if somethink is broken, dont work properly and u dont know how to repair it, and it can be hardware issue send them back for warranty

--------------------------------
sorry for my poor english :smileywink:
Hp Pavilion dv6408nr - Vista
external HDD - ubuntu
PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 6 of 9 (12,058 Views)

You have a new DV4-1220us unit and that should be in warranty, contact support and they should help determine if it is software or needs service for a hardware issue, you should be in warranty.
I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Honor Student
llzg
Message 7 of 9 (2,691 Views)

I have the opposite problem. The dv2000 built-in speakers work fine, but they won't shut off when I plug in headphones or an external speaker system I bought from Logitech. The Logitech speakers are just plug-and-play--no driver included, but the HP laptop doesn't seem to recognize them at all. It still lists the only audio input as its own speakers. What gives?

Honor Student
HO1983
Message 8 of 9 (467 Views)

Hello,

Please help me!.

My speakers stopped working 3days ago all of a sudden.

I have Win 8 64Bit.

HP 2000 Notebook.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 9 of 9 (411 Views)

Hi H01983,

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to assist you!

I understand that 3 days ago your speaker quit working, You have a HP 2000 notebook and are running Windows 8, 64 bit Operating System.  I regret you are having this difficulty.

Was there any recent updates or changes made to your system?

Here is a link to a document  that may help. No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8).

If you connect an external speaker, does it work?

If you require furher assistance, would you please provide your exact model on HP 2000 notebook you have.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation