Question

Student
mkgb452
Message 1 of 2 (1,573 Views)

Beats Audio Disappeared - HP Pavilion Laptop dm4-3055dx

[ Edited ]

My Beats Audio program/files (?) just disappeared randomly. 

Product: HP Pavilion Laptop dm4-3055dx (recently purchased brand new in June 2012)

No Recent Changes. This error occured w/in the last hour and I have no memory of installing or removing any programs/files/etc from this computer (in at least 1 or 3 days at least.. unless something was automatically updated?).

No music/movies/games/etc were running. Nothing was downloading. No huge files/programs were open. Nothing was really taxing my system functionality. I was just working through a remote connected the computer in my office computer.

--The Beats Audio program is no longer listed as a taskbar icon (always was).

--When I type 'Beats' in the 'Search programs and files' option under the start menu, a result displays for 'Beats Audio Control Panel', but when I actually click on it, I get the error message "Cannot find .startup file!."

--I still have basic audio, but it's tinny and thin sounding. 

--I restarted my laptop, but once I was logged in, an audio-related error message popped up (which I stupidly closed before writing it down). I think I restarted my computer 1 more time after i got the error msg, but that didnt fix it.

HELP!!!

This laptop is less than 6 months old and I refuse to accept that it's already effed up.

Is there a known way to resolve this, reinstall Beats Audio for free or do i need to set my computer back to an earlier day to restore the Beats Audio?

THANK YOU!

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (1,562 Views)

Re: Beats Audio Disappeared - HP Pavilion Laptop dm4-3055dx

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56172.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load - windows will automatically load an audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation