Beats Audio Driver Windows 8 (543 Views)
Tutor
pirzada
Message 1 of 7 (543 Views)

Beats Audio Driver Windows 8

Hi,

I have a HP DV6-6051EA laptop which originally had Windows 7 but since Microsoft had a update scheme i purchased Windows 8 Pro.

It was working fine (with all drivers) untill I had to recently refresh (Windows 8 feature) the Laptop since explorer.exe kept crashing. I installed all the drivers for this laptop and all seem to work but the Beats Audio does not work properly.

When using the equaliser to set bass up to high it does not work. The sound stays the same. I tried moving all the sliders on the left hand side up and down but non seem to work. The right hand side sliders are working fine though.

Also i cannot see the beats audio icon in the tray on bottom right.

Is there a problem with the driver?

Please can you give a link to the driver.

Thanks

Tutor
pirzada
Message 2 of 7 (499 Views)

Re: Beats Audio Driver Windows 8

any1 help???

Retired
Antonius_L
Message 3 of 7 (495 Views)

Hello everyone, we are reaching out to our community to see if anyone might be able to help with this question, as it has been posted for a few days without a response. Thanks.
Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 7 (458 Views)

Hello pirzada,

The Beats Audio driver is a part of the IDT High Definition Audio Driver listed on the HP Website.  You mention you upgraded to Windows 8.

HP is not going to support hardware for Windows 8 on any system purchased before Oct 1st 2011.  Most Windows 7 drivers will work in Windows 8.

Check out this page to see if your computer has been tested by HP with Windows 8.

There are a couple of things you can try in this case.

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'. 

Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button. 

Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'. 

Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows.

If the audio isn't working as it should when you finish that, follow the steps below:

Visit HP Support and get the Windows 7 drivers for the hardware you'd like to try (in this case, the driver I linked to above for your notebook).
    Download the driver to your desktop.
    Allow the extraction to complete but close the installation process when it comes up.
    Navigate to the C:\swsetup\ folder.  You will see your driver listed here.  They usually have a name like "sp58919".  Navigate to this folder.
    Within your driver's folder you will see a "setup.exe" file.  Right click this file and select Properties.
    Navigate to the "Compatibility" tab.
    Click the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode for..." and also select Windows 7 from the drop down menu.
    Check the box which says "Run this program as administrator" at the bottom.
    Save these changes and double-click the "setup.exe" to begin the install.

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
pirzada
Message 5 of 7 (441 Views)

after installing the driver it doesn't play any sound anymore.

When i play from youtube it does not go to my headphones, or even if i dont have the headphones in it does not play.

It does play the system sounds on headphones

but when i go to properties for speaker and headphones and click 'Test' it says 'Failed to play test tone'. If i play test tone on Communication Headphones it works.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 7 (416 Views)

Did you install the driver in compatible mode?  What about everything else I posted?  Did you check your system to see if it would handle the upgrade to Windows 8 prior to upgrading?  Going back to Windows 7 may be the answer, in order for everything to function as it's supposed to.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
pirzada
Message 7 of 7 (390 Views)

its alright. i reinstalled the drive i had before (from here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/556469-drivers-hp-dv6-4xxx-dv6-6xxx-dv7-5x...) and went back to the old settings.

at least i have sound :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation