Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

thank you, your settings made my m6-1000sr sound good for the first time since I've bough it! 🙂

@craigtone wrote:

I'll add my .02 ...

In a previous life I was a sound engineer for live music.  My home stereo costs more than most people's vehicle.  I only listen to music through horns powered by Class A amplification and vinyl is best IF you keep it clean!  :Wink:

I listen to everything from Classical to Rap and in-between.  To me the key is neutral regardless of the music being played.  There is no EQ setting for classical vs. rap ... it should ALWAYS be neutral.  Anything outside of that is simply personal preference or compensation for frequency loss in your hearing.

Without further ado, here are my settings for the crappy laptop speakers on my m6 Sleekbook:

Bass - 35
Treble - 0
Center - 50
Space - 50
Focus - 50
65Hz - 7
125Hz - 11
250Hz - -7
500Hz - 1
1kHz - -7
3kHz - -4
6kHz - 4
9kHz - 1
12kHz - 15

Enjoy!

HP Recommended

I wonder if any of you audio gurus could give me some advice on optimizing settings for Beats Audio on the HP Envy 17t TouchSmart (it's the one at Costco at the moment, with a Samsung EVO 500GB SSD added as the boot device).

I will be using:

1) The internal speakers for general computing,

2) Logitech H800 headset for dictation into Dragon,

3) Denon AH-D600 headphones through a GeekOut DAC (which I guess will obviate Beats settings) for HiFi audio and BluRay movies. I might on ocassion use the Denons without the DAC, so I am interested in setting for them, although I suspect the answer there is "flat".

I see some sample settings in this thread, but they refer to another model with different equalizer cut points, and Beats headphones, which I do not use. I wondered if any audiophile, maybe with a 17t of recent vintage, had advice as to configure Beats on this machine for my various audio output devices.

TIA.

HP Recommended

What I found to work best for my Envy 15 using SOL Headphones and in normal use was the following: 

Bass: 61

Treble: 17

Center: 60

Space: 60

Focus: 70

65hz: -1

125hz: -2

250hz: -1

500hz: 1

1kHz: 2

3kHz: 0

6kHz: -1

9kHz: 2

12kHz: -1

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for working this issue and posting and updating, etc.  My HP ENVY dv7-7259nr Notebook PC sounds better.

The one thing I don't understand is, I constantly seem to get 'updates' for Nvidia GE Force (for video, espcially games, which I don't do) but this HP Sound system is really bad.  I mean even with all the tweaks it sounds really cheap - it is not a rich sound like you would expect.  Is this basically the hardware that comes with the computer?  HP / IDT has certainly had time for updating the driver (which I have the latest one from late 2012)??

ONE LAST THOUHGT/QUESTION:

When I turn my laptop upside down and put my ear directly under the sub-woofer there is absolutely NO SOUND coming out what-so-ever.  It is almost acting like a vent in order to breath air, which it is not doing that either.  Any thoughts?

Win 8.1 x64

Using WMP.

thanks!

HP Recommended

Your welcome, it's nice to know people are still reading this forum. Since the beginning I have expressed my dislike with the Beats brand. They were crap when they came out and are still crap today. When HP partnered with Beats all those years ago, they (HP) had a chance to bring show some serious love for music and create software and hardware that even an "audiophile" could enjoy. They didn't. For the average consumer, the Beats Audio brand is good enough, but for those really interested in getting the best sound, Beats had always been lacking in both software, hardware and a weak EQ. Now that Apple has purchased Beats for a gajillion dollars or something, HP will now be forced to find a new audio partner. One can only hope it'll be a solid audio company such as AKG, (Harmon in general) Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamics or many others. Maybe then HP will get serious about sound and have better hardware, a deeper EQ and more frequent updates.

As for your subwoofer, It should play sound of some sort. It doesn't really play bass (only a bit of mid) but if you can't hear any sound, it may be defective. It plays music really low volume wise though, so make sure its literally not working before trying to find a solution to why it isn't playing sound.

Don't ask for Kudos. If you deserve it, you will receive it.
HP Recommended

Thank you again.

The subwoofer is not making any sound.  I recently had my laptop sent to HP Repair in Texas for a broken hinge.  It was under warranty.  Prior to sending it I had had difficultiy with the IDT driver update, too, which I also explained to them in a letter accomanying my work order.  I would have thought they would have checked everything (????)

HP Recommended
Honestly, they wouldn't check your subwoofer if you sent it in for a broken hinge. There are too many components in a computer to check them all. Send in a new work order to fix the sub, if you want it. Honestly you can do without it since it dosent do much, but if you want to get it fixed send it in
HP Recommended

Well, if it that insignificant then I will take your advice and not do anything further.  I did request the sound to be checked on the form I sent to them (it is pretty detailed, actually) as well as included a letter.  But as you said why fix something that doesn't work or produce much vaue?  Their repair service is awesome, by the way.  They turned it around in less than a week and had to replace to major parts as well as do some internal assembly on the hinge (whose problem all started with one little screw falling out, f.y.i.).

Butn overall I am happy with the Envy dv7.

thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey I just recently updated to 8.1 and my sound card sounds more muddy than before; Plus I cannot access my tone controls through the sound panel at all. Just wondering if you could help me with the tone control and improving sound overall.

I use turtle beaches with my HP Envy desktop, The desktop, given to me just last christmas.

HP Recommended
I can't help you with the troubleshooting, only with advice to her great sound. You can ask me how to improve your sound quality once you get the issues resolved.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.