Question

Top Student
Viplav
Message 1 of 10 (2,445 Views)

Beats Audio Fluctuation on HP DV6 7040tx

I bought an HP DV6 7040tx but the beats audio on it is really frustrating. The volume while playing various audio files keeps fluctuating automatically . On complaining the service engineer formatted the system , replaced the entire system board but it's still there . Enough of it , its been only 10 days that I bought it . I want this replaced ! It's even more frustrating when audio files are played through external speakers .

Student
italy994
Message 2 of 10 (2,235 Views)

Re: Beats Audio Fluctuation on HP DV6 7040tx

Yeah I have this exact same problem. It only occurs when I play audio files not video files and seems to tend to occur when the song picks up in volume almost as if it is trying to equalize everything. This is extremely frustrating becuase it manages to ruin the listening expeirence for just about every song I try to play through my computer, even if I use external speakers. Since I can use external speakers and still have this problem then it is likely a software issue as compared to hardware. However I am not the most techy of people and I have already tried updating all my drivers and have had no success.

Student
JoeyWong
Message 3 of 10 (2,227 Views)

I have the excat same problem on my brand new dv7 when I am using the external speaker, it is so frustrating when the music volume try to equalize itself. But it won't happen when I am using the laptop speaker. My roommate is using dv6, I asked him to try to plug in my speaker to his laptop, everything is just fine. Anyone helps? I dont know if its hardware or software's problem.

Honor Student
DON4217
Message 4 of 10 (2,219 Views)

Re: Beats Audio was lost on restart

Beats Audio was lost on restart..how to retreive ??

Top Student
Viplav
Message 5 of 10 (2,062 Views)

PROBLEM SOLVED PERFECTLY :smileyhappy :-) 

The HP Service Enginner came and installed the latest driver (IDT Audi Driver Version 6.10.6418.0 ) and it's corrected all the fluctuation that previously occurred . The sound output is absolutely flawless fron the speakers with no fluctuations in volume whatsoever . 

Top Student
Viplav
Message 6 of 10 (2,062 Views)

PROBLEM SOLVED PERFECTLY :smileyhappy :-)
The HP Service Enginner came and installed the latest driver (IDT Audi Driver Version 6.10.6418.0 ) and it's corrected all the fluctuation that previously occurred . The sound output is absolutely flawless fron the speakers with no fluctuations in volume whatsoever .
Intern
Acube
Message 7 of 10 (1,926 Views)

Honor Student
falesh
Message 8 of 10 (1,707 Views)

i just got the laptop 7040tx after that only i found out about volume issue but didnot noticed any fluctuating but anyhow updated to the fixed version of the audio driver and everything seems fine with bass and space setting in beats control panel.

its shame hp sold high end pcs with such issues.the sound in beats subwoofer is not noticebly any clever idea no improvement even my 2 year old dv4 gives better audio.

Honor Student
falesh
Message 9 of 10 (1,681 Views)

hey guys

today i was playing around with audio settings in my old dv4 laptop and guess what i found the same fluctuating sound in that laptop too!!!

hp u sld really be careful....its bcz if u put space level above 60 then the audio starts fluctuating like reverbrating..so no issue with the dv6 7040tx..if u put same setting in all laptops with IDT audio that is lower evrythng and full the space and center bar.. u will notice fluctuating audio.

Just give a try with your IDT audio manager.

PhD Student
WaseemW
Message 10 of 10 (1,486 Views)

Hi All,

The one given above is for windows 7, installing that driver shoudl fix the issue for windows 7.

for windows 8, here are teh drievrs which should fix the issue.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/ftp2/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59654.html
ftp://ftp.hp.com/ftp2/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59654.exe

these drivers will work for dv6-7000, dv6-7100 and dv6-7200. below are the series supported by this driver.

HP ENVY dv6
HP ENVY dv7
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC Series
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC Series

hope it helps, good Luck  !!!!!

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation