Question
Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.
Replies (132)

Tutor
AaronDude
Message 111 of 133 (10,517 Views)

Re: Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

I got a question about bluetooth headphones.  I could create a new topic but I think it will be better answered here.  Simple quesion, would the sound pass through this beats audio garbage before going to bluetooth headphones?  I don't know too much about bluetooth so please excuse my ignorance.  I'm guessing some generic windows 8 driver would process the sound instead and then send it through the bluetooth stuff and the bluetooth to the headphones?  The only bluetooth devices I ever used were ps3 controllers and remotes so I don't know too much.

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 112 of 133 (10,480 Views)

Hi, To answer your question about headphones connecting via bluetooth, it would depend on the device. Does the headset have a installation/ driver disk that came with the headset recommending that you install the software or drivers before attempting to connect to your computer?  If it does, then I would recommend that you install and run the disk as outlined in the devises instructions. If it does NOT then just simply enable the bluetooth on your computer and on the headset and let them sink and it should work by using the same settings that power your computer speakers.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
AaronDude
Message 113 of 133 (10,462 Views)

Hey thanks.  I guess I'll pass on the bluetooth headphones then.  I was hoping it would bypass beatsaudio and use something that windows 8 provides instead.  Also, looking at bluetooth headphones none of them say they come with an install cd or anything.  I guess they either pair or they don't.

Honor Student
DEV4222
Message 114 of 133 (6,584 Views)

yeah you're rigt
Tutor
AaronDude
Message 115 of 133 (5,142 Views)

Well, I tried something.  I uninstalled the beats audio driver and then it was reinstalled when I restarted the computer.  The software worked fine.  Then I thought, "maybe it goes back to it's old self when I restart again".  Sure enough the second restart it was working how it was before with the volume swings and all that. 

So, I've messed with this enough I guess.  It probably won't be fixed ever so now I just want to install the generic windows 8.1 driver.  How do I do that?  I thought it would do that automaticly if I just uninstalled the beats driver and restarted.  Instead I got the beats audio driver again.

Tutor
AaronDude
Message 116 of 133 (5,137 Views)

I tried it again also disabling the idt audio codec in task manager before doing this.  It installed a generic IDT driver.  It got rid of the beats audio but it still has the volume swings.  How would I get the generic windows driver to work on this without it it always wanting to replace it with an idt driver?

Tutor
AaronDude
Message 117 of 133 (5,135 Views)

It may have stuck this time.  I have to roll back the driver and then it rolls back to the generic windows driver.  Already did a restart and it seems to have stuck so far.

Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 118 of 133 (5,067 Views)

AaronDude wrote:

...I have to roll back the driver and then it rolls back to the generic windows driver.  Already did a restart and it seems to have stuck so far.

That was the solution that I used. It's been working since.

Tutor
cylondescendant
Message 119 of 133 (5,061 Views)

Any chance you could explain in a little detail how you rolled back the drivers? If the solution has worked for you so far I'd like to imitate your steps :smileyhappy:
HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 120 of 133 (4,289 Views)

Hi cylondescendant,

To roll back the drivers to the original install. I have included the documents 'Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)', and 'Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)'. Please select the one that is appropriate for your operating system, and follow the steps for reinstalling software.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation