Question
Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.
Replies (137)

Honor Student
Basil757
Message 131 of 138 (1,216 Views)

Re: Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

hey guys , i feel your pain , :smileysad: 
anyway   unless Hp find a solution to this problem  'globale ' one ! :smileysad: 
here i found i fix by my own try 

1- go to playback driver .#

2- open your sound driver that's sound usually comes from 

3-go to advanced 

4-change format form 16 to any thing different 

note , you must do that everytime  u plug the headset or restart the notebook   

hope it works:*

Student
SwiftyMcJ
Message 132 of 138 (1,107 Views)

I have an envy dv7-7233nr and have the same volume leveling problem.  After some time of trying to fix it i think i found the problem.  It has something to do with the beats audio control panel.  so i deleted the IDT driver and software and installed the generic one.  That fixed it but the sound was half the loudness and that sucks so I reinstalled the IDT driver and didnt even bother with opening or enabling the beats control panel and it seems to have fixed the leveling problem and the low volume problem.  Most media players have equalizers built in to them so you can tweak your sound to perfection.  Hope this helps.

Student
Vicky9975
Message 133 of 138 (1,070 Views)

Hi,

My model is HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC  & when i search for drivers it display old drivers for Audio. Iam facing issues with Audio , sometimes audio works & sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks

Top Student
DemigodRubi
Message 134 of 138 (266 Views)

Hi , i own an hp pavilion dv7-7004sl and the subwoofer triple bass dosen`t work, any idea what to do ... ?

I have windows 8.1 .

Thank you .

Honor Student
Marc457
Message 135 of 138 (159 Views)

FWIW... I've noticed this Beats sound fluctuation on my product as well...

hp MODEL#: dv7t-6C00

PRODUCT #: A183AV

Also- I would imagine that it's a surprise to few that the CORRECT IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Driver...is a mess to hunt for...when researched, I found that the manufacturer is no longer even IDT...I'm thankful to have had driver hunt software enabling me to "roll back" and re-install the correct driver to work with Beats Audio's ...product....ALL I wanted to do was install a multi-band graphic equalizer (ex/PROFOUND SOUND AUDIO)...turned into a MESS.

Advice for anyone experiencing audio jack output problems with your PC:

1. Rt. click on speaker icon, lower right side of screen.
2. Select PLAYBACK DEVICES
3. Set as your default: SPEAKERS AND HEADPHONES
4. Disable "COMMUNICATIONS HEADPHONES".

:smileyhappy: Marc
http://tinyurl.com/mvmguitarist

Honor Student
eventheminions
Message 136 of 138 (102 Views)

I'm having the exact same problem with my new HP Pavilion 15 (p035nd), except this machine seems to use Realtek HD Audio drivers (but still has Beats Audio).

Installing new drivers hasn't helped at all, and this unwanted compression is totally destroying my music listening experience on this laptop.

Has anyone come across a workaround for Realtek sound cards?

Tutor
GodspeedFx
Message 137 of 138 (45 Views)

[ Edited ]

I tried everyone's fixes a couple years ago when I first got this laptop and have just dealt with it ever since.  I recently found this in the notebookcheck forum and it worked for me--didn't have to disable beats or anything.

"After a bit of experimentation, I have found that there are SRS functions that are turned on that you cannot change or turn of via the Beats GUI. Namely MaxV and VolumeIQ. Both automatically control the volume level.VolumeIQ is essentially a automatic gain controller and limiter. MaxV is gain optimizer that provides increased gain when it believes that it is called for. However they can be adjusted or turned off via the XML configuration file in the "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM" directory. I have attached the modified XML file that adjusts off both functions. There are other XML configuration files for different models. You can tell which file your laptop uses by checking the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IDT\Config\UI" key in the registry. Look for a value called "Config_SRSPreset". It will contain the XML your laptop uses. The attached configuration file is modified for the Envy 15-3040nr and the name is "Lauren2.xml".

1. Backup your "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\Lauren2.xml" file. (I just make a copy in the same directory and place an underscore in front of it.)

2. Download and unzip the attached "Lauren2.xml" file (link below) and copy it into the "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\" directory.

3. Open up the Beats tray applet and change the current Listening Experience from Music to 3D and then back to Music. (There is no need to reboot - this file gets processed every time you modify or open the Beats applet).

4. Try it out!"

Here is a link to the file 'Lauren2.zip' which contains the xml file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Axpnk25BGqSDNlZm5mY2J4dDg/view?usp=sharing

Top Student
DemigodRubi
Message 138 of 138 (20 Views)

Dosen`t work on hp pavilion dv7-7004sl ..... the subwoofer is still offline ....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation