Question

PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 1 of 133 (31,626 Views)

Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

If you have a dv6-70XX unit or a dv7-70XX unit (where “XX” could be any 2 numbers),  AMD or Intel based with windows 7 64 bit OS, and are having an issue with Beats Audio fluctuating a new driver was released to resolve this issue.

The best way to get this is to go to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html choose the "Drivers & Software" option.

Then enter you’re notebook model number or product number, here is a document on where to find that information.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00033108&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_u...

Then you look for the new High Definition Audio driver which will show the release date & version as 2012-08-24 , Version:1.00, 42.96M.
The Softpaq number is the same for all these models (sp57966) please download and then install this driver.

You can also use HP Support Assistant installed on your Notebook, here is a link to information on HP Support Assistant.

http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/us/en/pclc/articles/hp-support-assistant.html?lang=en&cc=us

If you encounter any problems please let us know.

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 133 (31,617 Views)

Re: Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

Hi,

Why not just send a link direct to the softpaq instead of giving people a maze ?

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 3 of 133 (31,609 Views)

I understand your concern banhien, I can post a link to the driver for one model below, as you could have, However we prefer to have people make sure they are going to the places where they can see the driver for their specific systems.

Not all updates are the same and it is safer that way, the two ways to do that are to find your specific model on-line, or to use HP Support Assistant.

This is an excellent habit to get into, it will make sure you get the latest updates for your specific system.

In addition they may decide to release a newer driver and then the direct softpaq link would be out of date.

There are four different Notebook families covered by this new update and numerous models.

But if you would like a specific example, here is the direct link for if you bought a CTO dv6t-7000 Quad edition entertainment notebook.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-107964-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en... 

As we don't know when this thread may be read, we do advise that people check to see if a newer version has been released.

I hope this helps.

I am an HP employee
Intern
copitlory
Message 4 of 133 (31,578 Views)

BTW, I thought at first that the driver did fix the problem however after a couple of weeks the problem is back.

Please read my post here for more information:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/Volume-Swings-During-Songs-with-Beats-Audio...

Unfortunately the problem still needs to be resolved.
Student
saltlife3
Message 5 of 133 (31,435 Views)

I have tried all this and it still says no audio device is found.  The sad thing is that is was working on Tuesday and stopped working on Wednesday.  I really need help to fix this.  PLEASE HELP!

PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 6 of 133 (31,431 Views)

Hi saltlife3, would you please list your Product number for your notebook, if you need to see how to find it I put a link to the on-line doc for that in the initial post.

Also, when did the issue of you seeing it say "No audio device is found" begin?

Was it prior to installing this driver?

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
Student
Dhusn
Message 7 of 133 (30,939 Views)

I have the dv6-2000 that I just purchased a couple of weeks ago. The volume fluctuates on its own. I followed the steps in the above post and installed the driver update, but it did not fix the problem. I have tried songs in ITunes as well as directly off the file on the comp. What do I need to do to get this fixed? Do I need to return the computer?
PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 8 of 133 (30,829 Views)

Do you have your product number?

The update for the dv6-7000 & dv7-7000 would not be for your unit..

We can see what the latest update is available if we get your product number

I am an HP employee
Intern
copitlory
Message 9 of 133 (30,824 Views)

My model is the Pavilion dv6t-7000 Select Edition. Thank you for finally replying!

Top Student
Darkmatterial
Message 10 of 133 (30,445 Views)

Hi,

I just bought mz HP Pavillion 7057ez and everything worked Ok until a few dazs ago the Beats Audio program wont start it just frozes without notice and I can't manage to close it even from the task manager, I have tried to donload the newest driver, and to go to the recoverz manager but nothing works. 

Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation