Question
Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.
Replies (132)

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 91 of 133 (2,141 Views)

Re: Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

Hi  YO10:

Thank you for your input

I am sending you a link to a forum post where the author said it is fixed.  click here. Please refer to GodSpeedFX post.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 92 of 133 (2,115 Views)

Sparkles1 wrote:

Hi  YO10:

Thank you for your input

I am sending you a link to a forum post where the author said it is fixed.  click here. Please refer to GodSpeedFX post.

Sorry Sparkles1, but a "tolerable solution" (I just figured out a tolerable solution!!!) is not good enough. This problem has to be erradicated completely.

Thanks anyway,

Tutor
AaronDude
Message 93 of 133 (2,043 Views)

Well I just got an HP amd envy with windows 8.1 and it has this problem.  After messing around with it for a couple days I think I will just use a five dollar usb syba sound card that I have that sounds great.  I'll just use the beats when I have to (like I'm somewhere and have to use the computers speakers).  I mean the beats sounds ok for most music other than classical but since classical is primarly what I listen to it won't cut it.  At least the beats logo looks nifty.

Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 94 of 133 (2,037 Views)

AaronDude wrote:

Well I just got an HP amd envy with windows 8.1 and it has this problem..  I mean the beats sounds ok for most music other than classical but since classical is primarly what I listen to it won't cut it.  At least the beats logo looks nifty.

:manmad: This is truly unaceptable. :womanmad:

Tutor
AaronDude
Message 95 of 133 (2,024 Views)

Honestly I didn't buy my computer for beats audio.  I mean this is a product with a rapper as their face.   Also from what I've been seeing all over the interenet since the beats products were released they're all pretty crummy.  The headphones are overpriced and not good and this audio chip is no different.  I am getting used to it though and it honestly doesn't sound as bad with the volume leveling anymore as it did a couple days ago.  Not because anything changed though.  If it really irks me sometimes I can just use an external usb sound adapter.  My five dollar syba sounds fantastic and the turtle beach ones are pretty good.  If they could just release a software update that disables the volume leveling I would say this would sound good.  People have been having problems with this since HP started using beats audio though so I wouldn't expect a fix soon or at all.

Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 96 of 133 (1,999 Views)

I could not agree with you more Aaron Dude.

I ended up disabling the beats audio and using the regular sound driver that comes with windows. The sound is good. However, it is besides the point. HP charged extra for the beats audio and should own up to their mistake.

I use my computer for music as well. It is my livelihood and I need it to work perfectly.

Tutor
AaronDude
Message 97 of 133 (1,937 Views)

The volume leveling is just too aggressive for my tastes.  It would be ok if it flucuated a little bit but it's a little too much.   There should be an option to disable it or tweak it and I don't think it would be too hard to add.  Tech companies kind of like to not fix their stuff though so I won't expect an option ever.  I'm sure it probably sounds ok for rap though which is what I think the beats audio is designed for.  I think most people are probably ok with this but if I was doing any serious audio work I would be upset with it.  Of course any 5-20 dollar external sound adapter sounds better than any internal sound chip.  I don't like the newest creative x fi go pro though, it sounds worse than the the beats even with the beats aggressive audio leveling.  I might try the turtle beach amigo 2 next even though I really like the sound of the cheap c media chip in the syba.

I don't want to change the driver to a generic IDT one because I still want to use all six of my speakers in my laptop and not two.  IDT makes good sounding chips and drivers but for some reason the drivers for the beats audio is not what I was hoping it would be.

I will not try any of these driver downgrades.  I think I'm using the latest beats driver as it is so updating won't fix it either.  I think these fixes that everyone comes up with are kind of phoney.  I've tried several of these eq and effects fixes and none of them work at all.   It might seem to work because you're hoping they will but I think it's all in the head.

Tutor
AaronDude
Message 98 of 133 (1,929 Views)

You know what?  The option is there to disable beats audio but it doesn't work.  I thought I would point that out.  Am I missing something?  What exactly does it disable?  Is this a bug?  Who would we contact to ask for a fix?

Tutor
AaronDude
Message 99 of 133 (1,927 Views)

On my hp envy 15z that just mutes the audio andrew.

Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 100 of 133 (1,915 Views)

AaronDude wrote:

You know what?  The option is there to disable beats audio but it doesn't work.  I thought I would point that out.  Am I missing something?  What exactly does it disable?  Is this a bug?  Who would we contact to ask for a fix?

Yes, the option is there but it wont do anything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation