Question
Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.
Replies (136)

Top Student
WalkleyBoii
Message 31 of 137 (2,967 Views)

Re: Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

Myself and an outsourced HP Customer Care Employee found a crazy and nonideal solution to this problem. 

1) I recommend downloading dropbox

2) back up all files (you wish to save from destruction)

3) conduct a system reset. (not restore)

This will put your system back into factory settings. You will need to download all things not installed when you bought your computer. ie: Chrome, Microsoft Programs, Macfee, Word, PP, Excel, Dropbox ( your files will be on a cloud connected to your log in), iTunes, Skype.

This is the only solution that has been sucessful for me. I am deeply unsatisfied with customer support especially since its not and actually IT tech person but instead a scripted response for your problems. Hopefully HP doesnt take this down like my other response to a post about a petition. 

I think its sad that HP Customers are having to work for a fix themselves. Its like HP has made us all HP Employees

I hope everyone here finds what they are looking for. And GOOD LUCK! 

Intern
Bren10
Message 32 of 137 (2,938 Views)

i tried that as a solution with the first system it didnt work. I am not sure how this worked for you

Intern
Bren10
Message 33 of 137 (2,934 Views)

KGB999 I replied to this earlier but im not sure why it didnt ho through,. I tried your solution on my win 7 64 machine and it sounds great only one problem............. As you state in your post  this takes the limiter out of the soundcard but with my fix its not very load at all... in fact i can max it out and its still not very loud at all. Is there anyway to tell if the limiter is off or should i maybe download a diff driver?

Thanx B

Intern
KGB999
Message 34 of 137 (2,917 Views)

Bren10 wrote:

As you state in your post  this takes the limiter out of the soundcard but with my fix its not very load at all... in fact i can max it out and its still not very loud at all. Is there anyway to tell if the limiter is off or should i maybe download a diff driver?

Bren,

If your speakers are quiet, it's because Beats Audio had a limiter/compressor that prevents speaker damage while allowing higher average volume.  The cost of that setup is volume swings, high background noise, and the other effects. The volume difference shouldn't be huge though.

I found a few potential pointers for the Windows driver:

1) Make sure the limiter is checked off in the Enhancement tabs.  If it's checked off and Applied, it's off.

2) Using Bass Boost lowers the volume of higher frequencies.  Since your speakers can't process bass well at all, the lower volume of higher frequencies just makes it seem like all sounds are more quiet.  So, basically make sure that all Enhancements are off (i.e. their check boxes aren't checked).

3) This may seem like a bonehead suggestion, but make sure that the program you're listening to is maxed out on the Windows mixer.

4) Lastly, try headphones.  If your headphones are loud, but speakers are quiet, then it's the amp in your laptop that's quiet, and the only way to make them louder is through a compressor/limiter.  Since I haven't found a good alternative driver from IDT, Beats is the only option I can suggest to bring them up again (for now).

Let me know how it goes.

Student
Mechanzee
Message 35 of 137 (2,882 Views)

I also hva  same problem...let me know if u found some solution..

Top Student
reb2305
Message 36 of 137 (2,846 Views)

I tried everything in this e-mail. I use to have fluctuating sound now I have none. Not sure what to do next.

Intern
dontblink97
Message 37 of 137 (2,805 Views)

I have done everything i have read in all threads related to this problem (including the official updated driver).  the problem is slightly better, but it is still very VERY apparent with a decent pair of headphones.

for a laptop that was marked for studio-quality sound, this falls incredibly short.  I wish i could return it, but im past the return period.  BUYER BEWARE, NEVER BUY AN HP FOR SOUND! also, the bios is all locked up and wont let you do anything. never buying an hp again.

Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 38 of 137 (2,796 Views)

dontblink97 wrote:

I have done everything i have read in all threads related to this problem (including the official updated driver).  the problem is slightly better, but it is still very VERY apparent with a decent pair of headphones.

for a laptop that was marked for studio-quality sound, this falls incredibly short.  I wish i could return it, but im past the return period.  BUYER BEWARE, NEVER BUY AN HP FOR SOUND! also, the bios is all locked up and wont let you do anything. never buying an hp again.

If it is defective you should be able to return it. Have you tried to return it? If the vendor wont accept it back tell them to fix it.

Top Student
reb2305
Message 39 of 137 (2,768 Views)

This WORKED!!!!!

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you!!!!!

Top Student
reb2305
Message 40 of 137 (2,766 Views)

This worked!!!

THANKS
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation