Question
Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.
Replies (132)

Intern
Bren10
Message 41 of 133 (1,815 Views)

Re: Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

what worked? i dont see anything

Intern
dontblink97
Message 42 of 133 (1,756 Views)

Perdomo,

It is defective, but it is not specific to my laptop. It is a widespread problem in HPs drivers. So even if I brought it back, the problem would still occur. I would just be without my laptop for a while, which i cant afford right now.

This is certainly a software problem, not a hardware problem, and a fix can be (and should be) delivered online.
Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 43 of 133 (1,733 Views)

dontblink97 wrote:
Perdomo,

It is defective, but it is not specific to my laptop. It is a widespread problem in HPs drivers. So even if I brought it back, the problem would still occur. I would just be without my laptop for a while, which i cant afford right now.

This is certainly a software problem, not a hardware problem, and a fix can be (and should be) delivered online.

I could not agree with you more, dontblink97. Many of us are using these laptops for music business and have been wronged by this situation. I know from personal experience that HP personnel monitors this website. Someone should contact HP directors and make this right.

Hopeful in Tampa... ;-)

Honor Student
mmh78
Message 44 of 133 (1,624 Views)

I own a HP DV7-7080eo laptop (nordic version). This issue hasn't affected me for a while because I have only been using the internal speakers when listening to music (Beats Audio works well with them). But now I have been using headphones more often and the fluctuation/"limiter" effect on some songs is just horrific. It is completely unfathomable to me that HP hasn't fixed this problem yet. The most absurd thing to me is, that if I turn off Beats Audio (fn+B), the issue comes even worse and more noticeable. If I turn something off it should then be off and not just partially, and I should be enjoying unproccessed sound, shouldn't I? The IDT driver is a joke.

KGB999, I tried your fix and it really fixes the problem when listening to music through headphones or external speakers, but now the internal speakers are lacking bass. It seems like the internal subwoofer isn't working correctly, it isn't outputting the lower frequencies at all, it's working like the normal speakers. The Bass Boost doesn't help and in the "Speakers>Configure" I can only choose Stereo, so nothing I can do there. Any ideas what should I do?

Honor Student
surajomnow
Message 45 of 133 (1,613 Views)

Hi,

I followed the steps you provided, and downloaded the "IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver, dated 2012-11-22, Version: 6.10.6425.0)."

I installed, and rebooted, as it instructed. But every time I play a song there is still fluction in sound that occurs. In music production terms its called "Compression".

I am using this laptop to produce my own music using Propellerheads Reason 6.5. I was making music and I got frustrated with the compression, so I posted on the Propellerheads reason forum asking if Reason is not working properly. But others tried my music files and said everything looked good. So I figured there was something going on with the Beats Audio / Audio Driver.

Is there anyway to disable the SRS compression?

Thanks,

Suraj Om

Student
abdulrahman00
Message 46 of 133 (1,554 Views)

good

Student
cjcurtis1
Message 47 of 133 (1,471 Views)

Re: Beats Audio not there when downloaded to window 8.

Nhàn wrote:

why after changing the hard drive and reinstall Windows, when the volume control is no longer on the beats logo icon on the screen.I installed the software laptop beats. Please help.

Student
Derbel_McDillet
Message 48 of 133 (1,458 Views)

Yes, you can disable all of the SRS processing by manually editing a .xml config file in notepad, usually located in C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM

The file itself has a unique name depending on your notebook manufacturer and model.

See this post for details:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio-e-g-Windows-8/Volume-Swings-During-Songs-wi...
Top Student
reb2305
Message 49 of 133 (1,452 Views)

Does not work. Any new drivers out there yet??

Honor Student
mmh78
Message 50 of 133 (1,436 Views)

Ok, now I found a solution that I can live with.

I did this: Delete Beats Audio

First I reinstalled the IDT High Definition Audio driver (because I was using the generic driver) and then deleted it according to the instructions. As stated in the posts, IDT reinstalls itself when you restart the laptop (I have Windows 7, I don't know about Windows 8), but that's ok, because now the worst of the Beats Audio is deactivated (compression), and the internal spearkers have the bass that was lacking with the generic Windows driver. I didn't notice any (noticeable) fluctuation/compression with the few example songs (that had very noticeable fluctuation/compression before) that I listened to with my earphones. And now I also have the Bass and Treble settings that were missing with the generic driver.

Beats Audio is still "activ", and you are still able to turn the Beats Audio Control Panel on and off (fn+B). That changes the Bass and Treble settings in the Tone Controls tab (Beats Audio on: Bass +4, Treble +4, off: Bass -12, Treble 0), and if you make changes to these settings, they are going to reset to these values every time you restart your laptop. I am keeping the Beats Audio Control Panel on, because the +4 and +4 is better with the internal speakers than the -12 and 0. For just in case, I haven't changed any settings in the Beats Audio Control Panel.

I don't know if it had any effect, but after I had deleted Beats Audio the first time, and had tested the sound and turned Beats Audio Control Panel off and on again, I went to the System Configuration window, and removed the tick next to IDT PC Audio in the Start up tab again (it had reappeared) and restarted the computer. So I had to delete the IDT PC Audio twice in order to get it out of the Start up tab. But I didn't notice any change in the sound so I'm not sure, if you need to do that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation