Question
Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.
Replies (137)

Top Student
Andrew_S89
Message 61 of 138 (2,604 Views)

Re: Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

I have HP ENVY m4 and this works for me. NO MORE AUDIO FLUCUATION!!!!
Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 62 of 138 (2,594 Views)

Nah, I tried this for hours the first day I bought the laptop but nothing worked. I reverted the drive and that alone eliminated the problem. However, it plays from the regular driver.

Top Student
Andrew_S89
Message 63 of 138 (2,590 Views)

Its worth a shot for people to try. I was pissed with the audio quality when I bought this laptop. This makes the music I listen to sound 10x better.

Honor Student
mmh78
Message 64 of 138 (2,068 Views)

It has been a few months since I got Beats Audio working correctly, but I forgot to post about it.

As I told earlier I thought that deleting Beats Audio had solved the fluctuation problem, but one day I listened to the song 'Lilies' from Bat For Lashes, and at 1:10 there is a long synth sound that should have a constant volume level, but now it became louder and louder. Then I tested other songs and found out, that although deleting Beats Audio had made the problem less noticeable, it was still there on some songs.

I decided to try the solution by Andrew_S89 and downloaded Beats Audio yet again (sp57966.exe) and installed it. After that I tried 'Lilies' again and to my surprise the fluctuation was gone! I hadn't even played with the white EQ bands yet. At the moment I have Bass and Treble at 0, Center at 10 and Space and Focus at 30 and still the sound is smooth.

I had installed and unintalled Beats Audio few times before and it didn't have any effect, but now suddenly the problem was gone. I don't know if deleting Beats Audio helped or is it just sheer luck that I got the Beats Audio driver to install just correctly. I don't know. But the fluctuation is gone. So maybe you just have to try again and again (first delete Beats Audio the way I did) and maybe you also get rid of the problem. And maybe the HP experts have been right saying that the newest driver should solve the problem, but to get the driver installed correctly is the tricky part.

xmy Student
Student
xmy
Message 65 of 138 (1,943 Views)

very low audio

Tutor
cylondescendant
Message 66 of 138 (1,838 Views)

KGB999 Your fix seems to have worked decently for when I have my external speakers hooked up to my laptop. Still, it would be AWESOME if HP released a driver update that actually fixed the problem as the sound from the laptop speakers is pretty bad after disabling the IDT audio driver. Since I won't always have my external speakers with me I'll probably end up just going back to the IDT driver anyways. 

I have an HP Envy M6-1184ca and overall I really like the laptop. The horrendous sound quality is such a disappointment, though... my 7 year old Acer Aspire sounds so much better, which is pretty pathetic. I'm not an audiophile but I am a music lover and it definitely irks me that I can't play a song on my laptop without cringing. These fixes seem to be decent compromises for now, but HP definitely needs to step up and offer an acceptable, permanent solution for everyone as this problem seems to be pretty much universal.

That being said, thanks to all the non-HP employees working away and sharing their solutions with the rest of us!

Intern
CPerdomo73
Message 67 of 138 (1,825 Views)

cylondescendant wrote:

KGB999 Your fix seems to have worked decently for when I have my external speakers hooked up to my laptop. Still, it would be AWESOME if HP released a driver update that actually fixed the problem as the sound from the laptop speakers is pretty bad after disabling the IDT audio driver. Since I won't always have my external speakers with me I'll probably end up just going back to the IDT driver anyways. 

I have an HP Envy M6-1184ca and overall I really like the laptop. The horrendous sound quality is such a disappointment, though... my 7 year old Acer Aspire sounds so much better, which is pretty pathetic. I'm not an audiophile but I am a music lover and it definitely irks me that I can't play a song on my laptop without cringing. These fixes seem to be decent compromises for now, but HP definitely needs to step up and offer an acceptable, permanent solution for everyone as this problem seems to be pretty much universal.

That being said, thanks to all the non-HP employees working away and sharing their solutions with the rest of us!

I agree with you... :manvery-happy:

Top Student
surya49
Message 68 of 138 (1,334 Views)

why not soport mp4 vedio ?

Tutor
YO10
Message 69 of 138 (1,304 Views)

AUDIO FLUCTUATES, VERY BAD QUALITY, UNSTABLE...PLS FIX IT

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 70 of 138 (1,268 Views)

Hey YO10,

I did read your post on Beats Audio fluctuates and took the solution from previous posts.

The solution by Andrew_S89 and downloaded Beats Audio yet again sp57966.exe and installed it.

This fix has worked for several people just download and run it .

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-107964-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Please feel free to contact me for assistance.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation