Question
Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.
Replies (135)

Tutor
YO10
Message 81 of 136 (7,488 Views)

Re: Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

I downloaded the patch and my laptop was better, regarding sound. A week later , the problem became worse....

As an alternative, tried and tested the same album with itunes..better, but audio was still fluctating,

This has been a bad experiece with HP. I thought that downloading your patch would fix the problem.

People...what is wrong with all of you¨?...go back to school and stop using us as "quality control"

The patch that I used came from Sparkles1

YO10

Tutor
YO10
Message 82 of 136 (7,483 Views)

I downloded the patch suggested by Sparkles1 (Teacher)..It worked for a day or two, and the it just got worse. In addition to the fluctuating audio, severe distorsion...As alternative used itunes with bettr results, but audio was fluctuating too. Back to HPs audio, distorsion dissapeared, but the audio levels were very bad, same as before.

People!, this is HP....correct this problem..please!

YO10

Tutor
YO10
Message 83 of 136 (7,475 Views)

I downloaded Sparkles1 fix and it worked for a while...after couple of days..it got worse. Tried the same album with itunes...maybe a bit better. I´ll try removing all beats audio program....

Bad guys, very bad HP image,,,,,

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 84 of 136 (7,475 Views)

Hi YO10:

I am sorry that the fix only worked  for 2 days.

Have you run the Microsoft troubleshooter?

I suggest you run the UEFI diagnostic tests.

I am sending you a link to a document on "About UEFI and the Startup Menu" click here.

Please refer to the section on System Diagnostics.

Have you tried updating drivers from device manager?

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
YO10
Message 85 of 136 (7,472 Views)

I worked in electronic systems reliability in  QA (Quality Assurance) for AF, an other DoD branches that you probably do not know.  

So, going back to my comments, WE, customers, are not YOUR testing area, or QA. WE ALL paid good $$ for this product. WE ARE NOT your hobby. This product , maybe we can give it away to our kids...instead of an Ipod?..ha, ha...they would laugh at us...maybe just trash it and ,,,,,

So, please, we can be your best friends or worse enemies...and NOW, I am ONE of many...

I cannot use this product as is. I've lost some serious mixing, and some live lectures recordings...that had to FIX, due to your garbage audio beats program.

So resuming...get back to school, learn how to fix others mistakes, including your supervisor's complete incompetence...

Robert

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 86 of 136 (7,469 Views)

Hi YO10.

The only other suggestion would be to roll back to Windows 8 when everything was working and then wait until the updated drivers are developed.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
m80 Honor Student
Honor Student
m80
Message 87 of 136 (7,450 Views)

[ Edited ]

I installed the driver from the link in the second paragraph in Bookworm's 09-11-2012 12:27 PM post and when I rebooted, the computer wouldn't start and I had to do a system restore to the point before the driver install.  After restore, the Beats audio icon is in the taskbar as it was previously, but now will not open so I can't make any audio changes.  Any suggestions?

Tutor
GodspeedFx
Message 88 of 136 (7,426 Views)

[ Edited ]

Andrew_S89 wrote:

HOLY **bleep** I just figured out a tolerable solution!!!....open up Beats Audio and go to Listening Experience. With Beats Audio checked "on" Turn ALL the white EQ bands completely DOWN. So your elimating Bass, Treble, Center, Space, Focus. Then control your EQ frequencies only with the bands under Graphic Equalizer.

Heres a pic of how I have my bands set...I have listened to everything from dubstep to metal trying this and it works awesome. I hope this works for you!!!!

.beatseq

This solution works perfectly for me (with the updated drivers).  Now my sony XB500's sound like they are supposed to and I don't get any more over-the-top beats compression and audio fluctuation!  Thanks Andrew =)

Tutor
YO10
Message 89 of 136 (7,362 Views)

Sorry, but as a HP user it is imperative that you all should get toghether and solve this problem,,,This is an issue that  obviously youn all  cannot handle...and I will repeat...we are not your hobby, nor QA..remember that thaks to ALL of US, you all have jobs...I¿ve tries most of your patches..the last was a disaster..it completely crashed my laptop...during the reboot...fortunately there are some tools to fix this...but only by remembering BASIC OS..

NO KUDOS for all of you ..should be - kudos, (MINUS KUDOS)...the problem is not you guys, is your management!

Smile, just go back to HP school....just think tha HP was NUMBER. ONE, in Computers...printers, and so on...HP printers are still the best!

Tutor
YO10
Message 90 of 136 (7,358 Views)

I had the same problem...use f8 to restore the recovery toman earlier date, or use a Repair disk..to boot your win 7 to fix another "brilliant HP audio" solution
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation