Question

Honor Student
Lem0nGrenades
Message 1 of 3 (1,284 Views)

Beats Audio in Windows 8?

So I've got a Pavilion dv4t-5100 I customized for my gaming laptop. One of the major reasons I picked this laptop was the inclusion of Beats audio. In Windows 7, everything was rainbows, lolipops and baloonicorns. Then came Windows 8. When I updated, I did a clean install, and everything worked fine, with the exception of the audio driver. I have the right driver; I downloaded It from the dv4t 5100 driver page on hp.com. It just won't install, because It detects I'm not running vista or 7. So my beloved beats audio is gone. My tob bar speaker works, but my subwoofer doesn't, and that's a HUGE part of the volume of the speakers. Is there a windows 8 driver, or even a workaround to force the driver to install on windows 8? I NEED my Beats audio. Please help!

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 3 (1,245 Views)

Beats Audio in Windows 8?

Lem0nGrenades,

I would recommend downloading the HP Support Assistant and running it to see if it can find a driver to resolve your issue.

You can download it at the following link: http://goo.gl/Udxpx
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
flako17
Message 3 of 3 (1,228 Views)

Re: Beats Audio in Windows 8?

[ Edited ]

ok so i found the actual software on the control panel. the driver needs to be updated it so i can open with the beats button again. but here is the steps to open manually on windows 8.

1. Go to control panel (hold Windows button + E so you can open computer folder and then hover the mouse over the computer tap and you will see open control panel on the right)
2. then click on hardware and sounds
3. beats audio control panel should be the last one on the list

this should work on every windows 8 

and you will need the lates IDT Sound driver for you computer for you to get that you will need to go here

if you cant find it in the first link go here. in this website there is a complete log of update for your computer adn with the lates realeses  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation