Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there...!

I have

HP-ENVY 6-1012TX

Product number: B4Q12PA#UUF

Operating system:windows 7(64 bit)

and i want to upgrade to WINDOWS 8(64 bit),

but i have seen in this forum and and also with a friend of mine that after installing windows 8 the BEATS AUDIO Panel just vanishes i mean the driver is not installed.

so i needed help in advance whether i can have that beats audio panel and driver(what ever it is) after installing windows 8.

please guide me thoroughly because this is my first post and i am new to this thing.

THANKS in advance....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 'Beats' audio interface is provided by the IDT software installer - performing an in-place upgrade to Windows 8 can ( although not always ) indeed break this, however it can be reinstalled as follows.

When the upgrade to Windows 8 has completed, download and install the Chipset driver on the following link.

Chipset Driver - Windows 8.

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

IDT Audio Driver - Windows 8.

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook.

Let Windows fully load - it will automatically load an audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 'Beats' audio interface is provided by the IDT software installer - performing an in-place upgrade to Windows 8 can ( although not always ) indeed break this, however it can be reinstalled as follows.

When the upgrade to Windows 8 has completed, download and install the Chipset driver on the following link.

Chipset Driver - Windows 8.

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

IDT Audio Driver - Windows 8.

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook.

Let Windows fully load - it will automatically load an audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
thanx for the reply.
i'll do as you told and then contact back.
HP Recommended

Hi DP-K,

Please let me know that I can do this way to install the Beats Audio software & driver for my Envy 17t 3200 3D Edition or another way ?

Its original OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, now I want to upgrade to Windows 8 but I didn't find the software & driver anywhere on HP site as their instructions to download it.

Thanks

gin5591

HP Recommended

Hi gin,

There are a full set of Windows 8 drivers and software for your notebook on the following link including the IDT Audio driver which will install the Beats Audio software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5275...

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi DP-K,

Thank a lot

gin5591

HP Recommended

Hi DP-K,

The exact model of my laptop is HP ENVY 17-3290nr 3D Edition Notebook (3200 Series).

I upgraded Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Home Premium as instructed in HP page 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03451712

Then I upgraded all drivers from the link you gave me, except the Bios because it was upgraded by HP Care Center in June 2013 (Version Insyde F.OB 2013-01-02) when it was replaced the keyboard.

There are problems that I can't overcome :

1- The backlit keyboard cannot be lit up, it only lit up once when windows started up after that no light (no sensor).

2- There is no 3D in the Cyberlink Power DVD for Windows 8, I can't watch any 3D bluray discs nor the 3D demo.

So I had to download again the Cyberlink Power DVD 10 drivers for Windows 7 but it can't work properly, I can only watch 3D demo video from the manufacturer. I can't watch any 3D bluray discs because after I insert the disc, the screen shows :

Information : The integrity of Cyberlink Power DVD is at risk. Check your anti virus software for malicious activities or try installing Cyberlink Power DVD.

I have done as above but nothing changed.

3- The Beats Audio can work but it often fluctuates and the sound seems not smooth as before, although I reloaded the IDT Audio driver for Windows 7.

Please show me how to recover these problems.

Best regards

gin5591

HP Recommended

my volume is not as loud like it should be

HP Recommended

Hello tamelabills

I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Which Windows operating system am I running?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.