Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (324 Views)
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth

I know this is a simple question but for me it isn't.

I have a HP Envy TS 17 notebook.

Product E8A12UA#ABA

Do I have bluetooth already installed or do I need a bluetooth dongle?

If I do need one where do I get it? If so do I need anything else to use it?

thanks

J

Accepted Solution

Re: Bluetooth

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c04214172&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=6878985

It does not come with built in bluetooth or it would have been listed next to the wireless connectivity spec along with the 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN spec.

You can:

1. Replace the wireless card with a combo wireless/bluetooth card.  The supported wireless/bluetooth combo cards with HP part numbers can be found in chapter 3 of the service manual for your model.

2. Purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.  Normally can be found at your favorite electronics or office supply store.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (300 Views)

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c04214172&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en...

It does not come with built in bluetooth or it would have been listed next to the wireless connectivity spec along with the 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN spec.

You can:

1. Replace the wireless card with a combo wireless/bluetooth card.  The supported wireless/bluetooth combo cards with HP part numbers can be found in chapter 3 of the service manual for your model.

2. Purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.  Normally can be found at your favorite electronics or office supply store.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (287 Views)

Thanks very much for your answer. I appreciate the quick response.

So I guess I could also get wireless speakers and run them though my network.

I might look at that first.

thanks again,

Jcoy

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (284 Views)

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation