Question

Honor Student
touchworks
Message 1 of 4 (2,782 Views)

Built in microphone problem with my hp pavillion dv6000

Hi I am having built in microphone issue ...I don't know the exact date/time/incidence at/due to which it started, it probably started after some auto update of Windows XP. Later I installed Windows 7 and it is still not working.... any help will be greatly appreciated ... ....the audios are good ... but only ,microphone is not working ...if you can help.... I will be really glad. Thanks

HP Pavillion dv6000

My PIN: RG371UA#ABA

Model: dv6130 US

Thank You

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (2,770 Views)

Re: Built in microphone problem with my hp pavillion dv6000

Hi:

You may want to try installing a different driver to see if that fixes the problem.  I cannot find any drivers listed for Windows 7 for your notebook but here is one for Vista and Vista x64:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-633...

This one is newer than the driver on your notebook's support page.

Paul

Honor Student
touchworks
Message 3 of 4 (2,747 Views)

pjtikkanen wrote:

Hi:

You may want to try installing a different driver to see if that fixes the problem.  I cannot find any drivers listed for Windows 7 for your notebook but here is one for Vista and Vista x64:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-633...

This one is newer than the driver on your notebook's support page.

Paul

I tried this but it still does not work. 

In addition I found one more problem just today, my right side of the speaker works and the left side don't.

I performed couple more tests.

While using the ear phone, both left and right side have sound. And also I tried recording using the single input earphone with mic on  it, and was able to hear a very dim sound of my recording. 

Any suggestion where the problem might be? ... I think any loose connection somewhere (in terms of hardware)....Please help !!!

Thanks

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (2,735 Views)

Hi:

Sorry, I don't have any idea. I would agree that you have a loose connection with a speaker if your headphones work fine.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation