Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I'm having trouble streaming videos online (i.e youtube, tv, vimeo etc).  Every few seconds the sound will give a buffering sound. The picture is fine the entire time. I've updated all the drivers, tried changing the sound to 16 bits, 440000Hz, updated flash, silverlight etc. I've also tried several web browsers such as IE, firefox and chrome.

I've found a solution that is far from ideal, but if i deactivate the Realtek High Definition Audio, restarts the computer and then reactivates the Realtek High Definition Audio, the buffering sound disappears. Unfortunatly the buffering sound returns the next time i restart the computer.

Do anyone have a more permanent solution than the deactivation of the sound system - restart and then reactivation og the sound system?

Regards Oyvinols

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @oyvinols 

You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others.

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @oyvinols ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Notebook and playing sound from a browser. Here is a document on troubleshooting sound.

Please make sure your updates have been done on the Notebook. In the device manager under sound right click and update the driver. Here is another step to try.

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers/Headphones.
4. Click Properties.
5. Click the Advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window.
9. Click OK to close the Playback Devices.

What browser are you using? I would check to make sure the browser is up to date.

Does this happen when playing a DVD or CD?

Make sure you do not have other things running in the back ground when a video is playing as open browser Windows do effect the streaming.

I would be happy to assist if needed as there are many models of HP Notebooks, I would need the model number.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi.

I've tried changing the quality to both the highest, the lowest (cd quality) and somewhat in the middle (dvd quality) but that doesent remove the buzzing sound

I've tried several browsers such as IE , firefox and chrome. all just downloaded.

The buzzing are not present when playing files stored on the computer, only when streaming in the browser.

My computer is a HP 15-r067no Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)                                                                       

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi @oyvinols 

You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others.

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

That seems to resolve it.

Thanks!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.