Cannot hear audio via HDMI laptop to TV connection (156453 Views)
Student
mojoho8
Message 21 of 30 (22,843 Views)

Re: Cannot hear audio via HDMI laptop to TV connection

how?

Student
Chris1279
Message 22 of 30 (22,741 Views)

I Have a HP Pavilion dv7 notebook PC and it has a HDMI port, I watch to watch movies from a website but when I connect my computer I can see the picture but I have no sound, I tried clicking on the volume icon on the lower right and changing it to have the sound go to the HDMI port but it didn't work or I did something wrong. I'm not the best when it comes to computers can anyone help me and give me step by step instructions on how to fix this when giving instructions explain it as if i have never used a computer before. THANK YOU very much in advance!

Student
rodol
Message 23 of 30 (22,258 Views)

I used to have this problem before. I solved it when i found that R clicking the sound icon a window shows and click it playback devices; HDMI will show if recognized by the comp, R click it and then click enable. You may have to click disable on speaker. sometimes, I had to restart the comp.and do it all over again. Good luck!

Student
WILLJACK
Message 24 of 30 (22,239 Views)

Re: Cannot hear audio via HID laptop to TV connection

lesacb wrote:

Hello,

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 running Windows Vista that has an HDMI port.  When I try connecting an HDMI cable to the HDMI port in my TV I can only see video.  No sound comes from the television.  I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks for your time.

Honor Student
digitalpbk
Message 25 of 30 (22,218 Views)

Have you configured your windows settings to play sound on tv, see the steps on fixing audio problem when conenting hdmi .

Student
Jhovan
Message 26 of 30 (21,605 Views)

HDMI Audio output from Laptop to LCD TV

Hi, I have a dell inspiron laptop, I'm trying to connect it to my lcd TV using HDMI cable, video is fine but there is no sound from my TV, still the sound is coming from my laptop. anyone can help? tnx a lot

Student
bj83
Message 27 of 30 (17,424 Views)

Hey how do I get sound through my hdmi from laptop to tv I tryd everything
Student
KimRut1
Message 28 of 30 (16,602 Views)

I have a Sony Vaio E series laptop and Sharp Aquos TV, however, when I connect the HDMI cable to both the video works on both the laptop and TV however the sound only works on the laptop. I don't know how to make the sound work on the TV via the HDMI cable. Any help? :smileyhappy:

Student
SJHF
Message 29 of 30 (9,324 Views)

I am having this issue right now. I have HDMI to HDMI, video is great and I've tried all the resolutions posted.

I can't find the TV anywhere to make it default for audio. Only thing that appears in sound is my computer speakers. This worked until a week ago and i think someone deleted the TV in the sound window. How do i get it back?

I've disconnected, reconnected, booted the pc with the tv on, with it off, I believe I've tried it all, so someone please HELP!!!

Student
luminair
Message 30 of 30 (5,461 Views)

Thanks for this advice as it helped me with the same problem now in Dec 2013!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation