Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please help, my audio is suddenly gone. The audio icon appears with an X mark saying that there is no audio output device installed. I have tried downloading the driver for audio using this link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=5375735&lc=en&cc=ph&dlc=en&ssf=

but was aborted saying that the hardware is not compatible.  My laptop is 

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b164tu Sleekbook

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following

Open an elevated Command Prompt and enter the following 2 commands - hit enter after each command.

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

When done, type exit and hit enter.

Restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, try downloading and installing the IDT HD Audio driver again from the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59802.exe

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

after entering the second command it said "value is protected by secured boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted" 😞

HP Recommended

Hi,

Disable secure boot and try again - see the guide on the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054

Note:  The process of loading a driver without any 'signing' check is not really a solution, but it will be useful in seeing if it loads correctly with Windows running in this mode.

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hello thanks for replying, 

I tried installing the driver but it was aborted saying that hardware detected is not compatible..

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have to go to work soon, so before trying anything else, re-enable driver signing enforcement as follows.

Open an elevated Command Prompt and enter the following.

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Restart the notebook.

When done, boot into the Bios Menu again and re-enable SecureBoot.

You could then also try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then click 'Update driver'.  Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.  Left click 'High Definition Audio Device' once to highlight it and then click the Next button to install it.

Has this made any difference?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

No option IDT device under the  Sound, Video and Game Controllers

HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook - do this by holding down the left Shift key as you click on Shutdown to temporarily prevent a hybrid boot. 

Then unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f9 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f5, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Let windows fully load and look to see if there's any attempt to load a driver during this - also, attempt to load the IDT driver again and see if there's any change.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.