Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.. goodnight... I have an HP Pavillion dv6745us Entertainment Notebook PC, my laptop audio has recently started to give trouble... i tried every means possible to fix the problem....

i tried rebooting my entire system i switched from vista to windows 7 ultimate... i updated all software manually, i've even uninstalled the drivers and reinstaled them.

during installation, i got messages (such as the ones attatched to the message) i also used windows UPDATE MY DRIVERS and HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT programs as well as a few others to try and get the problem automatically solved but a message stating "driver installation failed: could not find media device for this".  another included a message that referred to a code 10....... What is CODE 10???

i installed HP udate my drivers it found outdated drivers wich included the audio driver, I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO !!! 😞

audio5.jpg

audio5.jpg

those are the two main notifications i keep getting.. (the speakers are perfectly fine because i redid my entire laptop for the Christmas, i tried to fix all my drivers using windows vista, when i did so the audio driver did not work (even after i rebooted with vista) i decided to installed windows 7 ultimate, all my other drivers went back to working state except my audio driver... i switched back to Vista, and my laptop audio stil doesnt work.... (it occasionally comes on and works when it feels to).... (i have tried all possible ways of fixing my driver as far as my knowledge percieves me to) 

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TRY AND DO .... CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! 😞 )

HP Recommended

you can email me at {personal info removed} please thank you

HP Recommended

I understand you are having some issues getting the sound card to work in Windows 7.

What is the product number?  This should be in the same area as the serial number.

NOTE: Do NOT provide the serial number or the Windows product key.

Go to start, search for device manager, and open this result.

Is there a sound category?  If so, open the properties and report what the status message is.  You could upload a screenshot of this as well.  

This document should cover most of the device manager error codes such as error 10.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.