Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver for Windows 7 (77323 Views)
Student
davew277
Message 1 of 11 (77,323 Views)

Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver for Windows 7

[ Edited ]

I have been trying to find a driver which will work with my new Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installation, but I haven't had any luck.

My laptop specs are:

Brand: HP Pavilion DV6208nr

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 (1.9 GHz)

Graphics Card / Motherboard: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

RAM: 2.0 GB DDR

The audio device:

Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C30CF&REV_1000

The original OS that came installed on the laptop was Vista Home Premium x64, and I later upgraded to the Ultimate x64 edition.  I managed to find drivers that work in Windows 7 for everything except for the audio device and the quick launch buttons. (the graphics display driver was the hardest to find until now).  I already tried the vista drivers as well as a driver update from microsoft updater, but they both failed.

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled the vista drivers and the device appears to be working now.  I'm not sure what went wrong the first time.  Maybe it was the update from Microsoft that crashed it.  There wasn't any problems in device manager with the audio until after the update.

However, if there are some drivers specifically designed to work with Windows 7 I'd still like to have them.  I guess I'll make a post for the quick launch buttons in the proper forum.

Thanks.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 11 (77,060 Views)

Re: Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver for Windows 7

Hi,
Check this thread:
Windows7 Upgrade Guide for dv6000/dv9000 models

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
demigut
Message 3 of 11 (69,148 Views)

Hi,

after installing Win7 on my HP Pavilion dv-6700 laptop the internal microphones don't work anymore.  Also the HDMI audio connection doesn't work: in this case the HDMI audio device within the control panel -> audio window is missing

Other details of my laptop:

p/n: KW111EA#ABZ
service: DV6815el

CPU: AMD Turion 64 bit

Previously the OS was a pre-installed VISTA Home Premium; I installed a Win 7 Ultimate Edition after HD formatting.  I installed all the drivers avaliable on the HP Support site area for the DV6815el, VISTA 64 bit.

Regarding the audio drivers, there are three avaliable: sp40170.exe and sp37732.exe (connexant); sp38899.exe (Realtek): the Realtek one doesn't install, the two Connexant start to install but at the end fail.  So at the end the Microsoft High Definition Audio driver remains installed (it installs itself if I remove it and the reboot)

Since I found somewhere that the audio card of this laptop is a Sound Blaster 3d 16 bit compatible, I tried to procure it without success

Thank you in advance

Honor Student
demigut
Message 4 of 11 (69,118 Views)

Some more tries:

I deflated the sp40170.exe file (the most recent Connexant one): there are installations for two versions (Hermosa end Venice) x32 and x64.

After some tries the only one which starts installation is the Hermosa (x64)

After a while a message window appears, saying the driver has no "digital signature", hence Windows refuses to install it.

So I reduced the Windows security level to zero and re-tried: installation completes, but the driver - which is a Connexant High Definition SmartAudio v. 221 4.36.7.60 -  gives an error (impossible to verify the digital signature ... code 52); the digital signature which should be present is a MS windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Of course there are no devices in the Audio window and audio doesn't work

I hope these further informations will help for a solution

Many thanks

Student
luisbismarck
Message 5 of 11 (44,548 Views)

Re: Constant High-Definition Audio Driver for Windows 7

davew277 wrote:

I have been trying to find a driver which will work with my new Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installation, but I haven't had any luck.

My laptop specs are:

The audio device:

The original OS that came installed on the laptop was Vista Home Premium x64, and I later upgraded to the Ultimate x64 edition.  I managed to find drivers that work in Windows 7 for everything except for the audio device and the quick launch buttons. (the graphics display driver was the hardest to find until now).  I already tried the vista drivers as well as a driver update from microsoft updater, but they both failed.

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled the vista drivers and the device appears to be working now.  I'm not sure what went wrong the first time.  Maybe it was the update from Microsoft that crashed it.  There wasn't any problems in device manager with the audio until after the update.

However, if there are some drivers specifically designed to work with Windows 7 I'd still like to have them.  I guess I'll make a post for the quick launch buttons in the proper forum.

Thanks.

Student
mmaz56
Message 6 of 11 (32,059 Views)

davew277 wrote:

My laptop specs are:

The audio device:

Thanks.

Student
roca7
Message 7 of 11 (28,136 Views)

j'ai un HP pavillon dv2000. J'y ai installé win7 et depuis un bon moment mon ordinateur émet pas de son et j'ai beau chercheé le son mais à vain 

sil vous plait si quelqu'un peu m'aider! car je suis vraiment dans le besoin

merci d'avance!!

Student
jorgehdz93
Message 8 of 11 (10,202 Views)

necesito el draiver para mi computadora hp pavilon g4

Honor Student
eduardoaprea
Message 9 of 11 (4,437 Views)

Hello: would be interesting to have the driver proper (drivers) I have found in sites of Hewlett Packard, several drivers for windows 7, now need to try them, but the windows 7 Professional x 32 bit, installed you the sound and LAN, not the WLAN network.

The drivers for the Wireless, harder, find appropriate, between the various existing

"" Theme Wifi: Wireless Wizard, have to install it, so it will work the "ICS_x32 13.4.0.2 Intel PRO/Set Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection", and later wireless LAN driver Broadcom for Windows 7, and the driver for the Wifi Board of the notebook, should see that placa  Wifi has the laptop

It is the Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario F500  

Thank you

Best regards

Honor Student
eduardoaprea
Message 10 of 11 (4,436 Views)

Hello: would be interesting to have the driver proper (drivers) I have found in sites of Hewlett Packard, several drivers for windows 7, now need to try them, but the windows 7 Professional x 32 bit, installed you the sound and LAN, not the WLAN network.

The drivers for the Wireless, harder, find appropriate, between the various existing

"" Theme Wifi: Wireless Wizard, have to install it, so it will work the "ICS_x32 13.4.0.2 Intel PRO/Set Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection", and later wireless LAN driver Broadcom for Windows 7, and the driver for the Wifi Board of the notebook, should see that placa  Wifi has the laptop

It is the Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario F500  

Thank you

Best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation