Continuous Beeps from laptop (3703 Views)
Honor Student
siddharth-pande
Message 1 of 5 (3,703 Views)

Continuous Beeps from laptop

Hi,

Over the past two days i started getting continuous beeps from my laptop irrespective of any application being run.

there is absolutely no problem with functioning of any program.

I have a pre-installed Windows 7 home premium and my Laptop model number is dv7-3165dx.

I have no idea what triggered this problem but its not getting resolved.

I checked the task manager but no program seems to be running that would cause these beeps.

The sound is precisely like windows exclamation and its keeps coming beep after beep in succession of very small intervals about a second or two.

Sometimes the beep does change the pattern for a small amount of time wherein there is a long pause or a longer beep and then it starts again in succession.

Any Idea? :smileysad:

Honor Student
siddharth-pande
Message 2 of 5 (3,674 Views)

Re: Continuous Beeps from laptop

Guys,

desperately need some help here.....

any brilliant suggestions???

Honor Student
hagoboss
Message 3 of 5 (3,547 Views)

i'm facing same problem on desktop computers, my doubt is a faulty RAM, event though the machines i tested passed the MemTest86 . did you run any memory diagnostic program ? and what is your laptops cpu and memories specifications.

Honor Student
hagoboss
Message 4 of 5 (3,531 Views)

i don't know if you solved it, but if not , it's CPU heat. not memory as i mentioned, i solved it on desktop computer with good cpu fan, in case of laptop i don't know what to say.

Honor Student
AnbuPrem
Message 5 of 5 (3,155 Views)

The same problem  i am facing in my HP laptop dv6-3123tx. Hope, HP consumer products haivng minor defective in mother board which is not even recongnizable by hardware engineer. If we use some external equipment to isolate the issue, we can figur it out.  In this case, the problem could be with Motherboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation