Question

Tutor
steveo1912
Message 1 of 5 (13,299 Views)
Accepted Solution

DTS audio control panel

i have a hp pavilion 15-e078ea, core i5 processor, 2.6ghz, 8gb ram, windows 8.1 64bit

after updating windows to 8.1 the dts audio control panel will not allow me to use audio enhancements or

the graphic equalizer

i have looked on hp support and done all driver updates and it is still not working

i am assuming this is a software issue. will there be an update?

Tutor
steveo1912
Message 2 of 5 (13,277 Views)

Re: DTS audio control panel

for anyone who has the same problem i have uninstalled (via programs and features) the realtek high definition audio driver version 6.0.1.7010 .

restarted the pc and then reinstalled the driver from hp website and it has fixed the problem.

Tutor
souvikk
Message 3 of 5 (432 Views)

you mean u reinstalled from hp support assistant ? cause i m having the same problem.

Tutor
steveo1912
Message 4 of 5 (275 Views)

no not that way. If you go on hp support website and enter your pc details it gives you a list of drivers and software compatible with your pc. just download the individual file - `driver - audio` to your pc. then uninstall Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver from control panel - programs and features then restart pc. then use the downloaded file to reinstall the audio driver. hope this helps

Tutor
souvikk
Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation