Question

Top Student
aoist
Message 1 of 3 (1,076 Views)

Digital(computer) noise on headphone output jacks

Hi

I have a dv9000 which has a problem with  digital(computer) noise on headphone output jacks. I hooked  it up to my car

stereo axillary input jack and noticed a lot of static noise, even with laptop sound muted. Only time there is no static, or very minimal  is when I put the laptop in hibernation mode. So I'm pretty sure it's a digital form of noise.

I have a HP DV5T also and it does not have this problem. So is this a common and accepted problem with all older dv9000 series laptops?  Or is there a problem with my dv9000? and if so, what do you think it might be.  I've looked at the dv9000 headphone output on the Oscope and I did indeed see square waveforms mixed in with other random noise.

FYI---When head phone is used, there seems to no noise or is very faint. Do headphones have inherent ability to filter out the digital form of static?

Thanks

Tom

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 3 (1,053 Views)

Re: Digital(computer) noise on headphone output jacks

Interisting info, I never tested the digital output.

Have you tried updating the driver?

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Honor Student
HugoTraxx
Message 3 of 3 (618 Views)

Re: Digital(computer) noise on headphone output jacks

i just bought a 4520s pro-book and i'm having the same problem but i DO hear the noise with my headphones. when i plug in my headphones i can hear every time the HD spins or a window opens or closes, and the cd drive is unbearable. this is driving me nuts because i bought this notebook for my music production so i sometimes spend hours with headphones in. i have contacted support with no success. anybody have any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation