Question

Honor Student
gjermani
Message 1 of 2 (353 Views)

Disable Audio Jack dv7t-6100

Hello!

I have a problem with the audio jack on my dv7. It appears to be always on so the built in speakers are turned off.

The problem became worse and worse as months passed. in the very begging it would just happen once in a while, now I can not use my built in speakers with beats audio. Its a shame, so I wouls rather disable my audio jacks (two headphones and one microphone) so that I can use the built in speakers

How do I do it on registry level?

Everything else:

-disable it from the playback devices does not work

-I am sitting on a brand new windows 7 instalation(64bit is that makes a difference)

-drivers are updated

Who can help?

Intern
ezman1
Message 2 of 2 (270 Views)

Re: Disable Audio Jack dv7t-6100

I have a similar issue with a dv7-6B56nr. The headphone jack is broken (I believe) and the onboard speakers will not function. I have replaced the speakers, which was no help. Plugging in headphones or external speakers gives sound, just no sound from internal speakers. I have seen other posts for regedit to disable the headphone sense function. If someone could post the correct lines in the registry to edit to bypass the headphone sense it would be great.

I was told by a repair center that the sound chip is defective and either it has to be changed or the entire mainboard to correct the problem. Personally, I believe the problem is in the jack itself not making the connection to allow the speakers to play when headphones are removed.

Bypassing the headphone jack (which I never use anyway) through the registry would solve my issue.

Thanks for any help!!!!

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation