Elitebook 8440P No Audio in Device manager (783 Views)
Top Student
FuzzySpudkiss
Message 1 of 4 (783 Views)

Elitebook 8440P No Audio in Device manager

I am currently working on an HP Elitebook 8440p and I did a full reinstall of the OS (Windows XP Pro). All the drivers are installed and there are no issues in the device manager. The issue is that the sound driver wont install. I try to install the provided IDT audio driver and it says that the supported hardwared doesn't exist. And in windows XP under sound devices it says that none exist. So I'm not sure where to go from here, is the sound card/chip bad? Ive never had a driver not show up with the yellow question mark in device manager when something is not working.

Thank you,

Trenton Epperson

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (773 Views)

Re: Elitebook 8440P No Audio in Device manager

Hi,

Have you tried to install Microsoft UAA BEFORE install the IDT driver ? Please download (link provided) and install UAA first

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
FuzzySpudkiss
Message 3 of 4 (770 Views)

BH,

Thanks for the help. I tried installing the Microsoft UAA driver before the IDT driver with no avail. This laptop has had audio issues on and off in the past which made me think that a reinstall would fix the issue. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the intel graphics driver after the UAA install to see if that would solve any issues...but it didn't appear to. I'm at a loss unless the sound chip was dying and eventually just completely went out...

Top Student
Boikgwadi
Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)

I have tried loading the  Microsoft UAA and it is still not working. Let me try to delete all the audio software in the laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation