Glitchy, stuttering audio (2259 Views)
Top Student
jeffdave14
Message 1 of 20 (2,259 Views)

Glitchy, stuttering audio

[ Edited ]

I have an HP ENVY Ultrabook 1030us with an Intel I5 processor and Windows 7 Ultimate. I've been having glitchy audio issues for the last week now. It happens most often when I'm playing a song or podcast in iTunes, but it also occurs sometimes when I'm watching a video online. I've updated the audio drivers, but the problem keeps happening. My computer is less than two months old, so there really shouldn't be any issues. Are there any other steps I should take to correct the problem?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 20 (2,216 Views)

Re: Glitchy, stuttering audio

Hi jeffdave14,

Take a look at this document and let me know if it helps to resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
ForumUser9374
Message 3 of 20 (2,196 Views)

Hi,

not the only one with this issue, I think ive got the same problem and glitchy, stuttering audio is probably the best way to describe it.

(hp envy4-1010sa i3 1.4ghz shipped with 6gb of ram upgraded to 8gb)

happening in win7 and win8, with online audio (netflix, grooveshark in chrome). doesnt seem to matter whether there is lots  of programs running or just chrome with one tab open and all addons disabled.

I've already exchanged this laptop once because the first model I had the audio didnt work, going to hazard a guess this is all because of this silly Beats audio. 

I've checked the last link you posted and done as many updates (hp and windows) as possible. If you want anymore info about my machine I'll gladly help, 

Mark

Honor Student
1lawnking
Message 4 of 20 (2,157 Views)

I have 2 Hp Pavillion g7 notebooks and they both have this audio issue.  It stutters in windows media player, itunes, and streaming online.

HP really needs to come up with a fix for this.

I have looked in all their troubleshooting, driver downloads, and updates and nothing addresses or fixes this problem.

Honor Student
1lawnking
Message 5 of 20 (2,156 Views)

document does not help. Thanks for trying, but this issue is not addressed yet.
Top Student
jeffdave14
Message 6 of 20 (2,114 Views)

Agreed, the document doesn't offer a solution to this problem. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver on my computer, and since it's an ultrabook I made sure to do a force reset. Nothing seems to work. What's especially irritating is that the audio will be fine for periods of time and then all of a sudden it will sound awful. I'm running out of ideas and patience.

Top Student
ForumUser9374
Message 7 of 20 (2,070 Views)

Hi,

this issues is being caused by the charge cable for me, if you guys would like to test unplug your charger play some music or pop on a video watch for a minute or so (should be no stuttering) then have your power lead plugged in and turned on, put the power lead back in your laptop and it should start to stutter the audio again, keep watching for a min then take the lead out and things should be back to normal again.

Really hope this is the case for you guys as well because at least then it gives HP a starting point. 

If I'm right can HP agree to never partner up with Beats audio again? I though HP were a big enough company to be jumping on a bandwaggon????  fyi to the others here with the problem that this is the second hp Ive had, I had to take the first one back the next day because the audio had completely failed to work. Starting to feel like this lappy was made on the cheep  maybe????

I  await your genius solution ^^ . . . 

Student
yad313
Message 8 of 20 (2,053 Views)

Same issue on the HP Spectre XT TouchSmart Ultrabook 15-4010nr straight out of the box. This occurs whether the unit is plugged in or not for me. Happens regardless of whether im playing music in Itunes  or Windows 8 Music (aka Xbox music). Drivers are the latest per website for unit.....Can Beats be uninstalled some how and still have sound? Couldnt find an uninstall file for it.

Anxiously awaiting the fix since one of the reasons i bought this laptop was because my old laptop speakers are dying

Top Student
jeffdave14
Message 9 of 20 (1,993 Views)

ForumUser9374's suggestion to unplug the AC power cable seems to have worked for me. It's the weirdest thing, but I've tested over the last few days. I'll leave the power cable plugged in and eventually I'll have my usual audio problems. When I unplug the power cable, the audio problems seem to stop. Again, I have no idea why this would fix the problem, but for me it's worked.

Still, this is still a problem HP needs to address. I shouldn't have to rely on the laptop's battery if I want to consume any media.

Student
hihai2u
Message 10 of 20 (1,977 Views)

thank you the advice. works perfect without the cable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation