Question

Honor Student
BFarmer1980
Message 1 of 2 (732 Views)

HDMI Audio Delay

I've got an HP G60-125 NR with NVidia HDMI Audio selected.  I have the HDMI port plugged into my A/V Receiver for a connection to my HDTV & Surround Sound system. 

There seems to be a consistent 2-3 second delay before sound is heard over the surround sound speakers.  This means that short sounds, such as effect associated with Windows actions, are not heard at all, and the first 2-3 seconds of longer audio is unheard.

Is there any way of correcting this highly annoying issue?

Student
d4rk_death
Message 2 of 2 (301 Views)

Re: HDMI Audio Delay

I think I have a temporary solution to your problem! Try opening up a media player (iTunes, WMP, anything) turn the slider for the volume all the way down in that program and press play. This is like a ghetto silent stream. Whats happening is the computer is not hearing any sounds to give to the HD Audio for your graphics card so it ends it stream, then there is a delay to start it again. What I described above should prevent it from ending the stream therefore preventing the delay to start it back up. I just started doing this a little bit ago and it seems to be working. Only downside is you now need to keep that program playing the whole time your using the computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation