HDMI audio popping and crackling sound (919 Views)
Top Student
MichelR-be
Message 1 of 2 (919 Views)

HDMI audio popping and crackling sound

I've just bought 3x HP pavillion's DV7-4070eb (i5-430m, ATI HD5470 512mb, 6gb DDR3, 1tb HDD) in Belgium(Dutch)

The audio when playing DVIX or XVID movie's through HDMI has some cracking in it. So there are some very short hicks/popping in the sound !!!

I'm using the same HDMI-cable that normally connects my Panasonic plasma TV to my cable-decoder from Telenet. But it also happens with the cable and connection to the TV my Blu-ray player is using without any problems.

I don't have any problem playing the same DVIX movie's:

1) On a USB-stick in my Bluray player

2) Playing them movie's on the notebook's LCD.

3) When the media player windows is scalled very small on the TV ?!

4) When playing a mp3 with the same player software through the same HDMI cable.

I tried:

1) other same model notebook

2) other movie's

3) other HDMI cable

4) disabling Avast anti-virus

5) disabling notebook's LCD (not cloning)

6) "Windows media player" instead of my favorite "All Player"

There are many other posts-threads dealing with this problem for years on older Pavillions but I guess I start a new fresh one hoping to find many other consumers all together with the same problem to force HP to find a solution.

So who else has this on what notebook, where and what did you tried already?

Any probable solutions are offcourse wellcome ;-)

Top Student
MichelR-be
Message 2 of 2 (764 Views)

Re: HDMI audio popping and crackling sound

So far I didn't get any replys here :smileysad:  Nor did HP support solve the problem.

But it seems now my son's notebook which is exactly the same model HP pavillion's DV7-4070eb seems to be able to play movies without any problems. !!!!???!!!!

Swapping harddisk's between this 2 exact notebooks keeps the audio popping en cracking isseus with the harddisk. So now I'm convinced it's not a broken hardware. I do have problems finding the correct drivers, codecs, players to solve it and don't like to reset and restore the hole harddisk to factory settings, losing my data and configurations.

How can I nail the problem in the software-configuration? Can anyone help me here?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation