HDMI does not appear in playback (3257 Views)
Honor Student
karebear
Message 1 of 7 (3,257 Views)

HDMI does not appear in playback

I have no audio when I connect my HP Pavilion dv4-1435dx Entertainment Notebook PC to my Panasonic TV via a HDMI cord.  The picture is great, but audio will only go through my laptop speakers.  I have updated all of my devices, I have tried using Intel's website to verify I have all of my drivers updated.  I have also checked on my playback to show all disabled devices and HDMI does not appear.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  I have even verified that the settings on my TV are set to digital audio.  I have tried uninstalling the Intel High Definition Audio HDMI, plugged the HDMI cable to my laptop with the TV off, reboot and still no luck!!  The only options I have for playback are "Speakers and Dual Headphones", "Independent dual headphones", and "SPDIF"  My computer is an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 64-bit.  I am getting way too frustrated over this and have searched every forum imaginable for a resolution to this issue, please help!!

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (3,246 Views)

Re: HDMI does not appear in playback

Hi,

Try this to see if it helps.  Download the Chipset driver and Graphics driver on the links below and save the installers to your Desktop.

Chipset Driver

Intel Graphics Driver

Next, in Device Manager, open Display Adapters, right click on the Intel graphics chip and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then select uninstall.  When done, do the same for the for the Intel High Definition Audio CODEC and the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, found under Sound Video and Game Controllers.

Now return to the Desktop and install the Chipset driver and then the Graphics driver.  When complete, reboot the notebook and see if this has helped.  Check in Device Manager that both the Intel Graphics and the Intel Hi Definition Audio codec have reinstalled successfully and whether you now see the HDMI Audio option under playback devices ( found in Control Panel, Sound ).

If it shows up correctly, try the HDMI connection and see if it now functions properly.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
karebear
Message 3 of 7 (3,232 Views)

Tried it 3 different time, still no luck.  Plan B?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 7 (3,218 Views)

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel and open Sound.  If the Intel HDMI Out is not listed here, right click an empty area of this window and tick both 'Show Disconnected Devices' and 'Show Disabled Devices'.  If the Intel HDMI Out now appears, right click it and set as Default.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
karebear
Message 5 of 7 (3,210 Views)

That setting is already activated and no hdmi option, just the 3 options I have listed in my original message.
Student
adaleads
Message 6 of 7 (2,603 Views)

I am having the exact same issues....sometimes the HDMI shows up in playback devices, sometimes it doesnt.

Yes - it is check marked to show all devices but does not.

Intel driver says its up to date and working????

Please advise.

Student
Helghan_Hero
Message 7 of 7 (2,431 Views)

I'm having this exact same problem.  It appeared my HDMI audio driver had somehow been uninstalled, but when I attempted to reinstall it an error message came up telling me that the package is not compatible with the platform of Windows I'm running.  Maybe it's a conspiracy?  It's worked for the past 2 years perfectly fine.  Maybe a recent automatic system update has rendered the driver incompatible?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation