HDMI has static and comes and goes (272 Views)
Honor Student
panamadn
Message 1 of 5 (272 Views)

HDMI has static and comes and goes

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, Windows 7 64, no error messages and no changes have been made to the system.  The sound comes and goes with a lot of static from both the HDMI and computer sound system.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (266 Views)

Re: HDMI has static and comes and goes

Hi,

I would check the connectivity and the cable itself first. Please swapping cable to see any improvement.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
panamadn
Message 3 of 5 (262 Views)

Sorry but had tried that before writing and the same problem happened in each HDMI port.  The cable would not cause the problem with the internal sound system of the laptop.  If the problem requires the replacement of cards, please recommend the best for my system.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]

panamadn wrote:

...  If the problem requires the replacement of cards, please recommend the best for my system.

Hi,

Replacing sound card on a laptop is a costly business that means we have to replace the motherboard or even the CPU because the CPU may be soldered to the motherboard ....That work maybe more expensive than buying a new machine.

My suggestion is to reinstall sound/audio driver and hope. Please use this:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41001-41500/sp41398.exe 

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
panamadn
Message 5 of 5 (254 Views)

Thanks, but it did nothing to correct the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation