Question

Honor Student
10yanc
Message 1 of 5 (5,445 Views)

HP DV5 touch control sound and built-in speakers not working

The mute button on the volume touch control seems to be permanently lit up (even when it's not muted) and the built in speakers don't work. Once in a long while the button will work and then the speakers will work too, but not often. The headphone jacks however, always work. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

Additionally, the webcam doesn't seem to be working, which I think might be related... 

Student
Karel
Message 2 of 5 (5,253 Views)

Re: HP DV5 touch control sound and built-in speakers not working

Same problem here, any suggestions?
Student
liveforhim
Message 3 of 5 (4,934 Views)

SAME PROBLEM HERE!! PLEASE HELP!!

I've got a dv5-1119nr.

I spent more than 2 hours on the phone yesterday with HP support. Some guy from India worked remotely on my computer for a long time and he couldn't get it working after reinstalling the drivers and everything....

He finally told me to just re-install the operating system and all drives - i.e. restore the system. 

I did and today it's still not working. All that work and STILL NO SOUND!

This laptop is only 2 weeks old... I just got it a couple days ago from a friend, so I'm not sure if the sound has ever worked... It hasn't worked for me yet. (the headphone jacks DO work though)

HP, PLEASE HELP, THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING AND SUPPORT DID NOT HELP AT ALL!!

Top Student
oleh
Message 4 of 5 (4,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
have the same problem with hp pavilion dv7-2030er. please enybody help!
Message Edited by oleh on 06-25-2009 11:23 PM
Student
pmlawson
Message 5 of 5 (4,848 Views)

Re: HP DV5 touch control sound and bulletin speakers not working

I am (was) having the exact problem on my HP Dv7-1273d Notebook. I just downloaded the new audio driver file "IDT HI Def audio CODEC DRIVER" or file name "sp41398.exe" and as I was signing in to post this problem I noticed my mute button no longer remained orange for muted! So I tested the speakers vis www.pandora.com and the suddenly work!!

Update your drivers and see if this helps, it certainly helped me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation