HP DV6 6053, beats audio missing after installing windows 8 (windows developer preview) (9570 Views)
Tutor
aindriu80
Message 1 of 11 (9,570 Views)

HP DV6 6053, beats audio missing after installing windows 8 (windows developer preview)

hi,

I am after installing the latest version of windows.  Windows developer preview.  Now I cant locate beats audio or some of the hp software that came with the machine (i.e software that would keep the machine up to date with updates).  How can I reinstall these ?  Is there a url to download it ? I didnt get any dvd's or cds with my machine.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 11 (9,562 Views)

Re: HP DV6 6053, beats audio missing after installing windows 8 (windows developer preview)

Hi,

Using the link below, choose your  particular Model No. and choose Software and Driver Download in the following page. Note:  Beats Audio is installed when loading your Audio Driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&tool=&query=DV6+6053

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
aindriu80
Message 3 of 11 (9,557 Views)

Re: HP DV6 6053, beats audio missing after installing windows 8 (windows developer preview)

thanks very much for the url. I get installation errors when I try to run the audio drivers.  "the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package"

The system I got with the machine was windows 7 64bit.  I am running the windows developer preview.

Do you know why there would be any errors with the installations ?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 11 (9,543 Views)

Hi,

I guess these are the sort of issues you are going to experience with a developer preview - it may be worth trying the dirver on the link below, but there's no guarantee this will be any more successful.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50642.exe

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
aindriu80
Message 5 of 11 (9,540 Views)

it didnt work..

its says the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package.  This installion will be aborted.

Thanks for the post anyway...

i guess this is just typical of using a developer preview but i do miss the beats audio.. 

When I put my earphones in the laptop there is nothing coming out.  Its another bug I would love to fix... the speakers on the machine work fine though.  Any ideas ?  

Top Student
j0hnnieD
Message 6 of 11 (9,465 Views)

You could try running it in compatibility mode. (Right click on the setup package->properties->compatibility->run program as..Win 7)

Tutor
aindriu80
Message 7 of 11 (9,433 Views)

running it in compatibility mode is not something I have tried, where do you get the setup package to right click ? I miss my beatus audio already

Top Student
j0hnnieD
Message 8 of 11 (9,297 Views)

Well you can't expect the drivers  to work fine after switching to Win8 Dev Preview. So, go to the hp support page, download the driver for your laptop (make sure you're downloading the correct bit version, 32 or 64) then right click it->properties->compatibility->windows 7.

Student
songohan14
Message 9 of 11 (4,463 Views)

Hi there, I´d got a similar problem but this is with windows 8 pro (the final version)

I installed windows 8 as a new installation, so when I tried to install the audio driver again from HP webpage, It success but beats audio didn't work, only the "HP normal audio" but without the "Beats audio effect" So I had to install again windows 7 and then install windows 8 again over it as a "update installation" and now all is perfect. Everything works perfect with beats audio just like it was in windows 7.

I know is a long process, install windows 7 and windows 8 over it again, but worth it to have everything working perfectly.

Give it a try, if you did your recovery DVD's or something, you should try it

Sorry for my english, actually I'm from Mexico and I had the same problem and HP mexico didn't help me neither that's why I'm sharing my experience, may be it can help

Honor Student
baghdasarian
Message 10 of 11 (2,652 Views)

hi

i love hp dv6 how run windows 8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation