Question

Honor Student
Kirrod
Message 1 of 3 (1,473 Views)

HP ENVY 17 microphone and sound output problems

Hey i have a HP ENVY 17, and i have been having some problems with the microphone, sound outputs and the sound in general. The microphone output haven't been working ever since i got the notebook in November. at first i thought it was problems with the settings, either on the computer or on Skype, which i used for communication. I tried with other Voice Chat programs such as Mumble, Ventrilo and TeamSpeak - neither worked. I got a friend over who knows a little bit about computers, and the only thing he could think of was that the microphone output was non working. I am using Steelseries 7H headset. Now i have to use the integrated microphone which often gives background or typing noise. 
Lately i am only hearing sound on the right ear, i have checked my headphones with an iPod, so i know there is nothing wrong with them. 

The third problem occurs when i turn the volume over 20% on the computer. It starts to make a background noise, almost like a waterfall, both with headset and without. 

Another little problem i have is nothing to do with sound, but since I'm posting this already, i thought i could atleast ask. When i play games the top left side of the computer, right over the fan can get hot while the fan is working on hardmode. If i play really graphic-focused games, like Crysis 2, it gets super hot(i burn my hand if i hold it over the fan). Is this just because it's a laptop and the games demands too much? Or is it dust in the fan or something? And what can i do about it? That last question counts for all the problems :smileyhappy:

Thank you on beforehand

- Kirrod

Honor Student
Kirrod
Message 2 of 3 (1,451 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 17 microphone and sound output problems

Bump, I really need help with this! Thank you.

Honor Student
Kirrod
Message 3 of 3 (1,404 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 17 microphone and sound output problems

I still need help, if there are anyone here who thinks they have any kind of solution to my problem. Like; how do i get it repaired? Send it to HP? How long will it take? 

Im sorry if my english is not so good, it's my second language. It might be called microphone input, and not output. The place you put in the microphone cable. 

Please help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation