Question

Intern
radioactive_lio
Message 1 of 18 (9,459 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Envy 15 Windows 7 Professional Clean Install Driver Issues

[ Edited ]

I did a clean install of Windows 7 this morning on my brand new Envy 15 (LW897AV), which included removing both the backup partition and the HP driver partition.

Unfortunately, many of the drivers did not install, and I can't find a way to find them. This includes the Beats audio driver (I have the audio control panel but it's not connected to the volume control knob on the side) as well as the microphone, and some miscellaneous drivers that show up in the Devices panel but troubleshooting isn't able to find.

1.PNG2.PNG

Is there a way to fix this now, or should I cave and pay the $20 and get a recovery CD?

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 18 (9,439 Views)

Re: HP Envy 15 Windows 7 Professional Clean Install Driver Issues

Are you using the drivers from your Support & Drivers page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5213...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Intern
radioactive_lio
Message 3 of 18 (9,437 Views)

Yup! I've installed every single one (I believe) and still no dice.

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 18 (9,432 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think I would just purchase the Recovery Media.The Envy is much too nice a laptop to only half-function.

You could start over with another clean install of 7 and be sure to install Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver first before other drivers just to see if it makes any difference. Also install Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver before other drivers.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Intern
radioactive_lio
Message 5 of 18 (9,421 Views)

The Intel Chipset Installation Utility got it down to only 3 missing drivers... What the heck. I'll get the restore CD. Guess this is what I get for trying to be creative with my software. :/

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 18 (9,409 Views)

While waiting for the Restore Disk...

Install (or reinstall) Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio

If you stilll have a missing driver post the hardware id of it from Device Manager.Right click the device,choose Properties.Go to Detail tab and use dropdown selector to choose hardware id.Post the first half of the top string you get.

Intern
radioactive_lio
Message 7 of 18 (9,390 Views)

Okay, for what reads in Hardware as

BCM20702A0 the Hardware IDs are: USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E1&REV_0112

PCI Device the Hardware IDs are: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_1688103C&REV_01

Unknown Device the hardware IDs are: ACPI\INT33A0

The restore disk is in the mail & should arrive in 5-7 days, and none of these seem to be vital to the functioning of the computer.

Intern
radioactive_lio
Message 8 of 18 (9,382 Views)

Just to check (to see if I should go ahead and install all my programs or not) will the Restore CD allow me just to reinstall the drivers & software provided on the laptop originally, or do I have to do a factory reset to get everything back?

Provost
CherylG
Message 9 of 18 (9,377 Views)

[ Edited ]

BCM20702A0 is Bluetooth: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55079.exe

PCI Device is Card Reader:http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56908.exe

Unknown device should be Intel Smart Connect: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54918.exe

Provost
CherylG
Message 10 of 18 (9,371 Views)

If you are going to run the Recovery Disks don't install your programs just yet.They will overwrite the hdd and return the laptop to factory settings.

One thing you can do if you prefer your copy of Windows 7. Run the Recovery Disks to get the laptop back to factory specs. Once that is done you will have a folder on C: titled Swsetup.This folder has the driver and app installers and can be copied to dvd or external hdd to use after doing your next clean install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation