Question

Student
patmcgraw01
Message 1 of 2 (1,225 Views)

HP Envy DV6 Windows 8 No Sound thru Speakers

Was listening to sound via speakers, then switched to headset/mic.  When I unplugged the headset, no sound from speakers.

I have done to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound - and Speakers/HP is only choice under Playback.  It is selected (Green Check Mark) as Default and it shows sound on the bar so it appears that the laptop thinks sound is coming out of the system speakers.

I have checked F11 (red light off, not muted) and Speaker in lower right corner of screen (unmuted).  

When I open Sound MIxer, it shows "Device" (Speakers/HP) and Applications (System Sounds).  Neither are muted.

Following other discussions in this Forum, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the IDT drivers, without luck.

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 2 of 2 (1,196 Views)

Re: HP Envy DV6 Windows 8 No Sound thru Speakers

Hi

Try this.. uninstall the sound drivers and go to this link get the Drivers for audio and install it.. also download BIOS update

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5316...

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS Thumbs UP (Like) on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation