HP Envy (Windows 8 64-bit): Problem with sound when I play videos on the internet (536 Views)
Top Student
itsi
Message 1 of 7 (536 Views)

HP Envy (Windows 8 64-bit): Problem with sound when I play videos on the internet

Hello,

my product number is D0X01EA#ABU and my opereting system Windows 8 64-bit.

The exact problem is this: Less than a month after the purchase of the laptop I noticed that when I play videos on YouTube or on other sites (and some times when I play videos which are on my laptop) I hear a thing like "kztz" quite often (although everything is fine with the videos). I mean the videos don't stuck (maybe some times) neither the sound. But I listen an annoying sound like the sound it's gonna stuck...

I updated my BIOS and I used the Recovery Manager to restore my software and drivers, but nothing changed. I even tried to have the CoolSense off...

The problem is really annoying...

Thank you!

Professor
npw05001
Message 2 of 7 (514 Views)

Re: HP Envy (Windows 8 64-bit): Problem with sound when I play videos on the internet

Hello itsi,

I see that you are having problems with the sound on your HP computer when playing videos on the internet.

Do you only have the problem with videos playing from the internet? What web browser do you use? Have you tried a different browser?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Top Student
itsi
Message 3 of 7 (505 Views)

Re: HP Envy (Windows 8 64-bit): Problem with sound when I play videos on the internet

[ Edited ]

Hello,

yes, I have problem only with the internet videos. I use Firefox, but I have also tried Explorer and the problem remains the same.

I have noticed that the problem is not so big when a video (for example on YouTube) has only sound and just an image... Maybe this helps you to locate the problem.

Thank you.

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 7 (498 Views)

Thank you for the information,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling adobe flash player? Here is a link that shows how to remove a program in Windows 8.

Let me know if this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Top Student
itsi
Message 5 of 7 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello again,

I did what you suggested, but nothing unfortunately changed. After some time it is really difficult to watch anything on YouTube.  I have noticed that the problem gets worse  after some hours that the laptop is open. I mean that is is startning to be frequent if I tried to watch something after, for example, 1-2 hours after I have opened my laptop. I can describe the sound exactly, but it seems like a squeak....

I have two years warranty and this problem started from the first days after my purchase... Have I to send it for a check to the tecnicians of HP?

Thank you.

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 6 of 7 (432 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello itsi.  I understand you're having some trouble with your sound.

Do you have any electronic devices such as musical equipment, speakers, or cell phones around the machine?  These can all cause interference to be picked up by the speakers.  If I have my guitar amplifier on in my room my notebook will pick up a strange noise from 10-15 feet away.  

If you'd like to contact HP Support directly the phone number is 1-800-474-6836 for US/Canadian customers.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Top Student
itsi
Message 7 of 7 (419 Views)

Hello,

no I have not any instrument or cell phone near to the laptop. The image of the videos has also started to stuck a litlle bit in harmony with the skirls of the sound...

Yes, I will try to call to HP Support in England.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation