Question

Top Student
esearider
Message 1 of 7 (1,297 Views)

HP G60-530US No Sound From Speakers

No Sound From Speakers But Have Sound From Head Set The Trouble Shooter Does Not See A Problem.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 7 (1,296 Views)

Re: HP G60-530US No Sound From Speakers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

esearider wrote:

No Sound From Speakers But Have Sound From Head Set The Trouble Shooter Does Not See A Problem.

Windows 7 OS.

Have you been to this web support page for your laptop.  Follow the instructions there.  

best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up icon next to the reply button

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
esearider
Message 3 of 7 (1,262 Views)

Yes did the troubleshooter it did not detect any problems, That's why I'm posting this message.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 7 (1,253 Views)

HI,

That means the hardware and driver should be fine. Go to Control panel-->Sound. It should look like this if configured properly. and a headset is not plugged in.  

sound6.PNG

If the Speaker device does not have a green checkmark and default  device label,  put the cursor on Speakers and look down below center and set as default. Now select Configure and test the sound. 

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Top Student
esearider
Message 5 of 7 (1,231 Views)

Erico thanks for your reply I check the speaker control and it has a check mark and says default device I tried the test but no sound. Mikey

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 7 (1,210 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

esearider wrote:

Erico thanks for your reply I check the speaker control and it has a check mark and says default device I tried the test but no sound. Mikey

See this manual page 3. Press and hold the fn key and use the volume up key on the numeric touchpad. 

Best regards,

erico

Top Student
esearider
Message 7 of 7 (1,196 Views)

Hey there I did the fn key and it shows the volume going up and down the scale & you can hit mute on & off but no sound. Thanks again for your help Erico.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation