HP G70-460US Speaker/Mic problem (1136 Views)
Honor Student
mrjlh
Message 1 of 2 (1,136 Views)

HP G70-460US Speaker/Mic problem

I decided to post this directly once again in hopes I will get an answer from HP.

I have an HP G70-460US and updated back in July of 2010 to Windows 7 (32bit) and my internal micrphone quit working.  If I plug in an external microphone then the internal speakers quit working.  I've tried the new updates, both installing and uninstalling but nothing works either. Downloaded file SP45166 did not help and in fact the last update today did not resolve this issue either.  It also said it could not find the device.

All searches on the subject have nothing to do with my model.  And I have received no replies from HP directly.

Honor Student
mrjlh
Message 2 of 2 (1,117 Views)

Re: HP G70-460US Speaker/Mic problem

To better explain the problem:

1. Under normal conditions the internal speakers work but the built-in microphone does not.
  2. If I plug in an external microphone into the front jack the speakers do not work.
  3. If I plug in a headset with a microphone I get both audio and sound through the headset.  This is the only way I can get it to work.  However occasionally I loose the microphone connection and need to unplug and replug the microphone in and out of the jack.

There is diffinitely a problem in the software and I hope its not a hardware problem which would require disaassembly of the laptop.  Any one with a solution?  HP never responds.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation