Question

Honor Student
san83
Message 1 of 5 (6,311 Views)

HP HDX Laptop - Solution for no audio through HDMI

Hi Guys,

Just want to share, how i resolved the HDMI Audio issue.

I have a HP HDX16t laptop with latest Vista 32bit nvidia drivers (GeForce 9600MGT - 186.03 June 9, 2009) and last week i tried to connect it with my new Philips 32" LCD TV.  I was disappointed to only see the video and couldn't hear audio through my TV.   I tried to change the default playback device as SPDIF, but no luck as the 'NVidia HDMI Output' was always showing as disconnected. Somewhere in the internet i read that HDMI sound was working fine untill they updated nvidia drivers!!  I tried to rollback my nvidia drivers and it restored the previous release 185.85 May'09 which didn't work.  So I searched nvidia website to find the archived drivers and found 179.29, Dec'08 release to work flawlessly.  Now everytime I connect the HDMI cable, Nvidia HDMI output is selected automatically and when i unplug it, built-in speakers and headphones are selected.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_179.28_beta.html

I need to check if I can have the latest video drivers in combination with the audio drivers from 179.29 release.

Sorry for my bad english...just trying to save your time :smileyhappy: 

Teacher
Toronto699
Message 2 of 5 (6,227 Views)

Re: HP HDX Laptop - Solution for no audio through HDMI

Top Student
Cozmos
Message 3 of 5 (6,138 Views)

Im glad I finally found someone with the same Problem. I have an dv7 1190eg and no audio over hdmi with 185.85 and 186.03 too

look into the nvidia control panel when the hdtv is connected. at Change HDTV Resolution u will see where the problem comes from.

its because the hdmi port ist just shown as dvi. dvi has no audio thats why we get no sound...

btw. no solution in this link.

I opened a thread with this problem too http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=General&thread.id=3725 

Top Student
Dantew
Message 4 of 5 (5,857 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello

The issue is because 185 and 186 version recognize HDMI connector like DVI conector ¿?., something is wrong with this actual versions.

Nvidia just tell me the following: "The issue you are experiencing is not a general behavior of the graphics card or the graphics driver.I will forward this issue to the concerned department to analyze the issue and if we're able to reproduce this issue then, will definitely try coming up with a fix in the future driver."

Go to complain about this issue to Nvidia Support in order to let them know that I´m not the only person on this world having this issue

By the way, their time response is less than 2 hours, go for it.
To find this NVidia Support, just follow these instructions:
Go to visit "Nvidia webpage" // go to "Support" // go to "Knowledgebase" // then find "Ask a Question". Login will be requested, you´ll need to fill a very short form.
Message Edited by Dantew on 06-29-2009 02:56 PM
Student
prs1010
Message 5 of 5 (5,680 Views)

hello,

i too got a same notebook as u are having....But with Win Vista 64-bit , i just have a problem with the sub woofer been provided at bottom of the notebook, it shrills(torned BASS) while playing a song on 80 - 100 Volume... Just wanted to know whether its just happening with me or is an error ??? ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation