Question

Honor Student
VistaDreamz
Message 1 of 8 (11,117 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion DV7 - Sound problem

Hi,

My HP Pavilion DV7 notebook does not have sound. Same problem, when I  plug a headphone to the laptop.

Quicklaunch button shows white, however the speaker icon at the taskbar shows as mute.

I have tried to reinstall the launch button software, however this did not fix the problem.

Can somebody help me to sort out the issue.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

SAM

Intern
jimnav3
Message 2 of 8 (11,108 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV7 - Sound problem

I found out my new 17.3" DV74177nr laptop had sound problem whether no playback or no recording after installing Skype, so I had to change the defaults and tried every selectable devices which ones worked...  Right now I got it working with Sound "Playback" Speakers set to "Speakers and Headphones (IDT High Definition CODEC)" and microphone at "Integrated Microphone Arraw (IDT High Definition CODEC)".  It's kinda tricky so you'd need to play around which device that work...  Good luck!

Honor Student
VistaDreamz
Message 3 of 8 (11,095 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you please explain, which option should I be selecting to make the changes you mentioned above.

thanks again.

Honor Student
Rayburn86
Message 4 of 8 (11,062 Views)

I have exactly the same problem with my Pavilion dv 9700 series. I posted on here but no one replied, so will keep an eye on your thread!

I tried downloading new drivers and it fails saying there is no device avaible. I went to add and remove and my audio is there, but won't let me uninstall to re-install! ARGH

Is this possibly a Hardware problem with HP PAvilion? 

Honor Student
VistaDreamz
Message 5 of 8 (11,012 Views)

I got it sorted out by changing the default to speakers. it was set to HDMI in my PC.

Thanks..

Intern
jimnav3
Message 6 of 8 (11,007 Views)

Good you figured yourself!

BTW, my DV7-4177nr's BD-ROM not ejecting I had to use needle to yank the Blue-Ray disk out so I got HP has online chat in support  and instructed me to ship the BD-ROM drive for a replacement, not the whole laptop.

Student
reneehodge4
Message 7 of 8 (9,783 Views)

how did you change it to the defult and out of HDMI
Honor Student
jfloyd43082
Message 8 of 8 (8,567 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv9700

Unable to access sound tru earphones.  Tried all 3 jacks on 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation