HP Pavilion G4-1321TX model and IDT HD audio driver - Microphone not working - Windows 7 64-bit (783 Views)
Honor Student
Vimal_Guru
Message 1 of 4 (783 Views)

HP Pavilion G4-1321TX model and IDT HD audio driver - Microphone not working - Windows 7 64-bit

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion G4-1321TX model and bought in singapore used for last 8 months, I never used my laptop for any voice chat so far, But last week i tried for Yahoo chat and found the internal microphone not working even the MS sound recorder bar not moving.

I have udated all the lastest driver for my system but didn't work at all. Please suggest it is a hardware problem or driver problem.

HP Model : HP Pavilion G4-1321TX

OS           : Windows 7 (64-bit)

Audio driver : IDT HD Audio driver 6.10.6365.0

I have reinstalled and updated the driver but internal mic not working at all.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Vimal

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (771 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G4-1321TX model and IDT HD audio driver - Microphone not working - Windows 7 64-bit

Hi Vimal,

Try the following.

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55026.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Let Windows fully load - it will automatically load an audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again, then check if the Microphone now functions.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Vimal_Guru
Message 3 of 4 (766 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G4-1321TX model and IDT HD audio driver - Microphone not working - Windows 7 64-bit

Hi DP-K,

Thanks for the suggestion,

Yes, I have followed your advice.....uninstall driver, saved the BIOS with default setting and re-install driver as in the website.

Got driver digitally unsigned warring and proceeded, Now the driver installed as showing as 5.10.6363.0 in the device manager....but in the system tray massage showing as " No audio output devices installed"

Now both Speaker and mic not working( trouble shooting telling the Device disabled).

Please suggest

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 4 (746 Views)

Hi Vimal,

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When done, restart the notebook.

Now use Recovery Manager to reinstall the original Audio Driver that came with your notebook - the procedure for using recovery manager to reinstall Software and Drivers is detailed in the relevant document on the link below.

Recovery Manager - Windows 7

Recovery Manager - Windows Vista

After the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation