Question

Tutor
kushti190
Message 1 of 13 (435 Views)

HP Pavilion G6 NO SOUND

Hiya

I have a HP Pavilion G6 which has no sound whatsoever. Everything was working fine until I had a jack plugged into the headphone socket, and accidentally trod on the lead. Im fairly sure ive broken the headphone socket, and the laptop thinks headphones are plugged in, so the onboard speaker is not working. Is there some way of disabling the headphone socket so I can just use the onboard speaker until I get the headphone socket replaced?

Many Thanks

C

Intern
Naveenav
Message 2 of 13 (417 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6 NO SOUND

Please try the below steps.

go to control panel --> Sound --> choose your notebook speakers as default.

please let me know if this helped.

Tutor
kushti190
Message 3 of 13 (415 Views)

The two options I have are "Speakers and Headphones" and "Communications Device". "Speakers and Headphones" is selected as the default. Ive toyed around with all the settings in sound and none of it seems to make any difference, as the port switch is enabled to make the system think that headphones are plugged in. So I was wondering if there was some tech way of somehow disabling the headphone port, seeing as its broken anyway lol

Intern
Naveenav
Message 4 of 13 (396 Views)

Sorry not able to find any further details to help you. hope some senior might help you.

Tutor
kushti190
Message 5 of 13 (368 Views)

Thanks for trying to help.

Does anybody else know what I can try?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 13 (319 Views)

Hi kushti190,

What is your product number and operating system?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
kushti190
Message 7 of 13 (303 Views)

Hiya! The operating system is Windows 8 and the product number is C6S45EA#ABU :smileyhappy:

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 8 of 13 (296 Views)

Hello kushti190,

Thanks for the reply!  Take a look at the troubleshooting steps listed in this document, and let me know if it helps resolve your "no sound" issue. 

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
kushti190
Message 9 of 13 (286 Views)

Hiya. Nope, none of this works unfortunately :smileysad: . It was all working perfectly before, but I had an audio jack in the front left headphone socket, and accidentally trod on the jack. I know now the socket is broken, I can see a snap in it. And when I do put headphones in, I have to wiggle the cable around to get sound. But the problem is, the system thinks that headphones are CONSTANTLY plugged in, and has therefore disabled the built in speaker. So I think what I need to do, is somehow either bypass the broken port completely, IDK turn it off in the registry or something? Trouble is, I have absolutely NO idea how I would go about doing that in Windows 8, or what registry entry I'd be looking for! Lol

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 10 of 13 (278 Views)

[ Edited ]

Perhaps this video will provide the solution to your situation.  The Maintenance and Service Guide will also be invaluable. 

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation